Saturday, July 28, 2007

Wow-What a couple of Weeks

The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind. First with my mother-in-law being here, then going to Bethel, and then revival with Brother Jeremy. I thank God my girls are older and help out because I can't keep up. Work was the busiest it's ever been. I go all day without it slowing down. By the time I get home, there's only one hour before church. The girls have been good and had dinner ready all but one night, and that was ok because that night on the way home from work the screw came out of my glasses and I had to have Joleesa drive me to get them fixed before church. To top of everything, almost every day from Wednesday on, my stomach has been feeling yucky. Also, Jeremy's had a bad cold/allergies/asthma so he hasn't felt the best. Now Brother Nowling's got a horrible head cold. He stayed back from revival last night as to get some extra sleep as he couldn't call into work as they are really shorthanded. Jessa has been putting in a lot of overtime because they're so short.

I think I'm beginning to agree with Brother Ray, 3 night revivals are perfect. Though Jeremy preached good messages (that were even short - so we were out by 8 pm or a little after), it's really tough doing the full week.

Heather Mac also came to Alaska the same day Jeremy came through town on his way to Bethel. She's in the airforce and is now stationed at Elmendorf here in Anchorage. Brother Nowling spent Monday and Tuesday car shopping with her and Joleesa. So that's the sightseeing Jeremy did the first two days. Wednesday, Jessa took him to flattop, Thursday I came and got him at lunch time and took him downtown and dropped him off. You know girls are really more decisive then boys. In asking what Jeremy would like to do this week ~ NOTHING IN PARTICULAR. Girls/ladies would at least give suggestions. So anyway, we did take him to Earthquake Park and Lake Hood (sea planes-but he only cares for planes if he's in them~ugh). I think his interest isn't too much in the beauty of the mountains, and the water ~ grin.

Anyway today, we're going to the bank for me to co-sign for Joleesa's car loan. We'll get brunch and then head to Alyeska to take the Tram (this is something I've wanted to do and Brother Nowling doesn't so I've saved it for when Jeremy was here). It'll be just Jeremy, Jenna and I which will be a first because we have had someone else with us all the time ever since he came. I hope the fickled Alaska weather holds out for us.

Joleesa found a car she really wants so please pray, if she's suppose to have it, it'll all come together. And please remember Brother Nowling in your prayers, he has already asked for me to cover tomorrow morning as he feels so rotten.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what type of car is she looking at?

remember to take time to breathe :)

J Nowling said...

Anything witin her price range and that the insurance company won't consider a sports car or an suv so the rates will be lower.

The car today turned out to be outside of her price range and sold before we got back from the bank.