Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas ~ I can't get in the mood!!!

Nothing new in this home. I'm having a hard time getting into the Christmas "spirit". I'm usually so excited to decorate, shop, the whole thing. But...I know I just haven't been able to.

I got the living room switched around and the carpet clean. Jody actually started cleaning it Saturday afternoon and got half done and the pump went out on the rug doctor we rented ~ ugh!!! So we took it back and got another one and Jody and I went out to dinner, then we came home and he laid down before going to work. He figured he'd finish it right after church Sunday...NOT. We decided to go out to lunch with Sister Connie, Nate and Matthew (and several of the church people). So that meant when we got home, Jody went to bed (he worked all night) and I finished shampooing the carpet. Jessa stepped in and relieved me, and relieved I was as my arm was killing me. It actually looks preety good. All week I've sat looking at the big empty spot in front of the window where the tree is going to go EVENTUALLY. Jody's got to get it from the girls storage room with the truck. It's something I CAN'T do as it was taken apart and there's no way I could get in the truck.

I now know why when people get older they downsize on Christmas decorating. I just don't have the energy to do it and I'm not sure who's going to be around to help.

I'm sorry to be so down. I think it's due to my constant exhaustion and life changing with the girls being older and Jody's hours.

Maybe this weekend excitement will set in some.

By the way, anyone in for a good game of "I Buy". I so want to play ~ grin.

4 comments:

Nathan said...

Playing Ibuy sounds good right now.

J Nowling said...

To bad you're not here. Here's a thought, internet Ibuy...I'd love to play with you. Some time we will, I'll make sure of it.

Vicki Smith said...

I'd love to play "I Buy" with you, too. But I'm not so sure about Internet "I Buy." Last night my HUSBAND suggested we play a game! That hasn't happened in YEARS! We played Kismet. He won 2 out of 3. Bummer. But at least we played a game together! And we watched home videos. It was a fun evening.

Anonymous said...

i suppose i'll play ibuy :-( if it will make you happy....lol have you decorated the tree yet?