Sunday, April 26, 2009

Awesome Service

We had such an awesome service this morning. It started out with a good SS where we took the lesson on "Studying the Bible" and put into practice by showing ( and actually doing) the various resources available to really study the Bible (ie Thompson Chain study Bible or other like Bibles, Strong's Concordance, dictionary, Matthew Henry commentary). Practical study sources. I think it was helpful to several. We went over time (although we also got a late start) but as we went into our worship service, WOW the windows of heaven opened as almost everyone really opened up and worshipped. Brother Nowling took requests then had us go to our knees, then turned it to me for worship. It was neat to watch the worship turn into surrender and then laying our burdens down. It has been a long time since we have had the Spirit move like that. So many times we pray for revival and think we must bring in an evangelist for revival...but revival begins with "me" and each person present and truly we experienced revival fires. It felt so good.

I have continued to struggle with this virus that has gripped me. The biggest frustration has been my voice has been very weak. By the end of the day I haven't hardly had a voice. Yesterday I felt very rough again. I woke this morning feeling pretty good. My voice was stronger than it's been in days BUT after teaching SS to go into worship I felt it going weak on me. But I'm amazed how God sustained it through the worship and prayer. I did have the church pray at the end. I felt like the waters were stirred and I needed to be healed completely. I still feel much better but please, please help me pray for told victory over this BUG.

Once again PTL for His AWESOME presence!!!!!!

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Are you feeling better yet? Hope so!

J Nowling said...

I'm feeling a lot better but I still don't have my voice back fully. I'm really beginning to wonder if it may be allergies.

Thanks for the concern and the prayers that I know accompany it.