Wednesday, April 08, 2009

D-Day

This is a first for me. Travelling internationally that is. The excitement is definitely setting in but so are the nerves. The hardest part is leaving things at home and work, AT home and at work. There are things to be done that I just couldn't get done. The girls and Brother Nowling are capable of doing them. Some of the problem is that I haven't seen much of Brother Nowling as he's had to sleep in the evening.

Any way tomorrow I leave out at 1:30 pm to Seattle. I get into Seattle at 5:30 pm. I have to pick up my luggage get a bite to eat and get a shuttle to the Days Inn. At least I know I'll get a good nights sleep. My flight then leaves at 8:30 am to Detroit getting in at 3:50 about the same time as the Griffins get in Marcia and Sara will already be there, I don't know when Teresa gets in. Then we all head out towards Amsterdam at 5:30 pm and fly through the night. It looks like I'm actually sitting near the Griffins so that will help for a very long flight. I don't remember what time we get into Amsterdam and then we have another hour to Birmingham. Just thinking about is making me even more tired. So I'm off to bed as I need to get up at 6 am to be at work at 7:30 am to work until 11:30 am and then on to catch the first flight.

I hope to be able to update everyone depending on internet service. Please continue to remember to pray for us.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I'm so excited for you! With all the difficulties arising prior to this trip it's GOT to be a good one! Teresa spending several days in the hospital; a volcano exploding; threats of the government denying entry, etc. This is all very exciting! I'll be praying for you guys every day.

Tammy Washburn said...

Praise the Lord that the volcano is quiet! Have a great trip! Praying for ya'll.