Thursday, April 30, 2009

We Found a House

With Jessa getting married Jenna's moving back in with us. The place we are in is so small and we constantly have problems with neighbors. We needed a bigger place even without her moving in as we love having the young people over. Rent in Alaska is high. We won't buy as it's too hard to sell when we get transferred. Well we found the perfect place. It's on the East side of town like we want, good looking neighborhood, 4 bedrooms (not huge but bigger than those we've looked at so far), huge living room, dining room and kitchen, lots of cupboard space, lots of windows, laundry room that includes washer/dryer, deck, two baths, office has a murphy bed in it (no need to buy a futon), two car garage, backyard with lots of perennials, 2 car garage with garage door opener. The colors of the carpet and the rooms are beautiful, not just your whites and neutrals AND though not important definitely a plus, they are leaving their big flat screen tv that's attached to the wall WITH surround sound. Has a gorgeous view of the mountains. This is only lacking one thing that we were looking for and that is a downstairs family room. But the upstairs is large and open. The kitchen has a breakfast bar cupboards under it on both sides (our house in Duluth was like that and I loved it). There is so much more even and the rent is in the range we needed.

Please help us pray we get it. There were other people looking at it also. We're leaving it in the Lord's hands but we really want it. So blogland raise those prayers as you have so many times before.

In other news, I am still struggling with my voice. I'm really beginning to think it's allergies as I seem to get better and then I have a day like today that my voice goes, the cough comes, my chest hurts, etc. Having said that I am thankful that I've definitely felt better overall.

Tomorrow we begin our youth emphasis weekend with a lock in at the church. I'm excited and exhausted already. I'm probably only going to stay until midnight as I need to be downtown at 5:30 am Saturday. The broadway play the Lion King is coming to Anchorage in the fall. Individual tickets go on sale Saturday and they expect people to stand in line throughout the line. Disney works with local media in providing food, entertainment, etc. This is my account so I've been working closely with them and we've done a poster that wraps around the Saturday paper and we'll be distributing free papers to the people buying tickets and I'm not sure what else they'll put me to doing. I forgot about that when I set the lock in, but that's alright. Our young people are young adults and Brother Nowling is looking forward to staying too. Back to the lockin. Larry is bringing his projector and surround sound so I'm actually going to get a Veggie Tale movie and then I have a friend that's going to borrow me a dvd of a Christian group in concert (I can't remember the name of the group). Then we'll be bringing the Wii to play baseball, bowling, etc and the Wii fit to play with. Of course games and we're going to make quesidillas (?). We'll have a time of devotions and singing. I really feel it will be good. Then Saturday night will be our youth Bible Study at Jessa and Jenna's. Sunday afternoon we're going to have a scavenger hunt and pass out tracts on Sunday afternoon and then wind it up with a youth service on Sunday night. So to say a very busy weekend.

After we get through this weekend we must start packing. While packing, I need to finish up with camp plans. It looks like we'll be having almost 40 at camp. I'm really excited. Along with that we need to finish up the plans for Jessa's wedding. I think May will be one of the busiest months of my life. Things are really busy at work too. So I could really use your prayers.

Anyway happy Friday Eve.

5 comments:

Jessa Stephens said...

I'll be praying you get the house!! It sounds like it's exactly want you need.

I know.....I was thinking about that too......May is going to be CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you Mom....! Thank you for all that you do...................

Netty said...

Hey, if you decide that you don't won't the house, I'll take it!LOL!
Look at it this way, after May and June, July should be a piece of cake!

Vicki Smith said...

I'll be praying, sis. And I trust you'll be praying for me, too. May won't be a walk in the park for me, either. ;-) But God is always faithful to help us get done all the things that NEED to get done, and then He can help us relax over the things that didn't get done.

J Nowling said...

Jessa I love you too. Everything will be good. God's got our lifes in His control.

Sis Net I'm not waiting for July for things to become a breeze after June 13th everything will be a breeze. And if in another life we decide we don't want the house, you definitely can have it :o)

Sis Smith I'm always praying you'll be able finish everything on your plate. You are always so busy.

Netty said...

About the time you get to enjoy the breeze, think of me. :0)
Moving and a new baby.
Glad you got the house, it would be kind of hard for me to live in it from here. Just think of the gas expense!