Sunday, April 05, 2009

I Leave for England on Wednesday!

Yeah, excited and apprehensive at the same time. I will be spending the night in Seattle. I couldn't get flights to connect so that I wouldn't have to stay over but it wouldn't work. I so wanted my husband to be able to take the night off and go with me. We'd have a good dinner and get a hotel for the night. When I left out Thursday for Detroit he would head back home. Not happening, he couldn't get anyone to cover for him at the very airlines that is causing me to have to do this. UGH!. So it'll be 3 1/2 hours to Seattle on Wednesday. Then 5 1/2 hours to Detroit on Thursday morning. I'll then meet up with the mission team there and we'll all travel about 10 hours to Amsterdam and then another 1/2 - 1 hour to Birmingham. We'll be in their youth convention Friday night and Saturday. Sunday the team will split up and go to different churches. Then Sunday night I will be preaching for the start of the revival. It is 8 hours difference between Anchorage and England, so Brother Nowling will be preaching Sunday morning in Anchorage, at the same time (but 8 hours later) I'll be preaching in England. How weird but cool is that. We'll head back Friday the 17th from England and this time I go to Chicago and then head from Chicago back to Anchorage. I'm kicking myself that I didn't have the travel agent bring me in to Minneapolis, MN and I could have visited family. I'm not use to the fact that Alaska Airlines flies there. Oh well.

I need the volcano to behave itself on Wednesday and then again on Friday so I can get out and then back in. AND the immigration laws in the UK changed in December of 08 regarding visiting for religious purposes. There's some concern that we may not be able to get in. Brother Nowling keeps telling me that's where "trusting God comes in". So that's what I'm going to do and I'm excited.

So far I got the state books done, the bulletin done for next week, the application for a house that we're looking at moving into the beginning of June, camp applications are out, the design for camp tshirts are done (one of the designers at the newspaper did it for me AND the printer that I used for years in Wisc is actually doing the shirts ~ I'm excited), I got the most the stuff I need for the trip but I still have lots to do at work to be sure I get everything done that I can and I leave specifics for stuff hanging out there as at $1.30 per minute to call me is NOT an option. I have to stop at Fred Meyer tonight after church for a small umbrella and a small tube of hair gel and then I have to pack tomorrow night, send off the tshirt sizes and see if there's anything else I need to do.

We had a good youth Bible study last night and great SS and service this morning. I'm looking forward to service this evening. Have a great week.

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Oooooh, you've been a busy lady! I'll be praying for your trip. Be sure and tell everyone over there hello for me. Have a great time!

Tammy K. said...

I will be praying for your trip. Bro. Nowling is right, just trust God. I will pray everything goes well and you have a safe journey and lots of fun.

Vicki Smith said...

Have a MARVELOUS time!!!