Wednesday, April 08, 2009

The First Leg Successful

Mt Redoubt kept quiet (I was wondering if she would after we had our earthquake yesterday that registered 4.6, shaking buildings and pictures on the walls). My flight was a beautiful, perfect flight. Jessa managed to get someone to get me a window exit row seat. The middle seat was open so it was as comfortable any flight could ever be without sitting in first class. The sun was shining beautiful. I slept off and on and read off and on. I arrived in Seattle at 5:30 pm and when taking the escalator with my carry ons my one bag caught and I tried to catch it I started to fall backwards. There were two ladies behind me that steadied me and were so very nice. The one said how God was watching out for me. Oh He sure was as He always does. Once I got the shuttle to the hotel, I was so hungry, I walked next door to Dave's Diner and had some of the best tomato soup ever, London Broil, baked potato and carrots. I actually got to have dinner with my brother Kelly. We talked on the phone the whole time I ate. I really enjoyed it. So what he wasn't there in person, I didn't eat alone and I really have never been one to enjoy being alone.

I then came back to the hotel and ironed all my clothes. Yeah, I knew I would have tonight with nothing to do so I packed without ironing anything (I brought my iron in case the hotel didn't have one, but of course they did). After sitting for 4 1/2 on the plane it actually felt good to stand and iron while watching tv.

Well I'm heading to bed now as I have to get up at 5 am as my flight leaves out at about 8:30 am. You probably won't hear from me now until we get to Birmingham as I get to Detroit just a little over an hour before the flight to Amsterdam leaves out.

Thanks for the prayers so far and please keep them coming on behalf of all of travelling and then the services there.

4 comments:

J Nowling said...

I'm gald it has all gone smoothly now!! With all the issue leading up to it....I'm sure God has something pretty special in store!!!! I'm excited for you!

Jessa

Momma Tammi said...

Praying for all of you. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Tammy K. said...

I will keep praying for a good and safe trip.

mandie said...

You are so cute, I love that you didn't have to have dinner alone! :) God bless you all! Praying for a huge response in England!