Monday, April 20, 2009

So Good to be Home

It feels awesome to be home. I really missed my family and the church. I've slept a lot this weekend trying to make up for the jet lag and my sickness. We had our youth activity here Saturday evening. The youth played capture the flag, I relaxed with Sister Connie Peter(visiting from Bethel as she already had the ticket for ladies retreat and then it got cancelled). Then I played arousing game of I Buy with them. I wasn't myself and various ones felt for me and were very kind to me. Sunday morning we had a blessed SS class and service but I pushed my voice to far teaching and then leading worship. By Sunday afternoon I really felt miserable. Well the Peters and Jenna played I Buy I attempted to nap on the couch. I woke up at one time crying because my throat and chest hurt so bad. I cried out to God that I need reprieve as I was tired of being sick and needed to be able to work for Him. I laid back down and slept a little longer. The evening service was VLBs and we had it on "Follow Me as I Follow Christ". I had everyone trace their feet and share verses that showed what God requires of us. Prior to that I had Brother Micah and Sister Connie lead us in some of the old hymns that this young congregation doesn't know so well. I knew my voice wouldn't make it but it was so frustrating to not to be able to join them in singing. It was a good service.

I praise the Lord for our group of our young people. I truly believe everyone of them what to serve the Lord with their whole heart. We have two that don't come out to often because of all that's going on in their lives. I pray daily that some how they can find release from some of their daily responsibilities and truly join this precious family of God. My husband and I are so privileged to be able to lead them and I pray that God will use us to help them grow in Him.

Oh I received word from Brother Bennett the overseer of England, that a young man that he and I passed out tracts too, as well as a young girl that had come to convention (along with her family) came out to church Sunday morning. PTL. I also heard that some of the people there are still experiencing the sickness. So please remember them in your prayers. It's something how I can hear there English accents speaking in my mind. It is acting as a reminder to pray for them.

1 comments:

Jessa Stephens said...

I hope Sis. Connie enjoyed herself...thats too bad about the tickets......I maybe could have done something about that. Anyhow, is sounds like you had a good time. Praying you get to feeling better!