Thursday, January 04, 2007

A Long Short Week

Even though there were only 4 days this week it seems like this week has lasted forever. Jody was laid off and it didn't look like he'd be going back but they called him and he'll be going back part-time which will be ideal if they give him 25 to 30 hours. It actually was nice having him home considering all the snow we've gotten (I think Jenna said on her blog, we've gotten 60 inches). It is beautiful as far as the trees and all, but there's so much snow, the roads by our house are so narrow due to snow banks that only one car can get through at a time. The snow banks are so tall you can't see around them. So Jody took me work yesterday and today (I know what a guppy seeing as I only have a mile to work~but I'll let my husband do it any day). He also took Jessa and Joleesa took work. The roads are terrible. Even when they plow they are so packed down, bumpy and icy.

God is doing a different sort of work in our family. I don't know how to explain it. But I thank the Lord for a loving, Godly husband and 3 beautiful girls that I love so much and I know God has great plans for them if they'll stay faithful.

One more day of work and then the weekend. Yes, I will sleep in. After all it doesn't get light out until 10 am. I thought for sure that would bother me, but durng the day, I'm working so I don't even notice it. On the weekends I've never been one to sleep past 8 am no matter what time I go to bed, but it's so dark, I actually have done 10 am...shhhhh, I know,what a slug. Yep, and proud of it ~grin.
Now the long day light hours in the summer...sleep will be hard to come by then. But I look forward to it just the same.

Sorry for the rambling...sleep tight to you who already sleeping. Have a great Friday.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm wondering how i am going to handle it this summer. it probably shouldn't be too bad, because i actually sleep better during the day, than i do at night. strange, i know.

goodness. so much snow. even with all the pictures, it's hard for me to imagine it.

and i slept in till 10 today. :) it felt SO nice. especially since for the last week or so, i've been waking up especially early. i was only able to sleep in new year's day. but i still didn't get a lot of hours because the boys and i stayed up last night to play
halo.