Saturday, January 13, 2007

Tsunami Warning

OK This is really wierd. I'm sitting here playing a game on the computer and watching NUMBERS on t.v. and a warning goes out for tornado, NO. Flooding, NO...well kind of, a TSUNAMI! Apparently there was an 8.2 earthquake off of Kuril Islands, Russia therefore triggering a Tsunami warning for Coastal Alaska, which includes Seward and even to the tip of Vancouver British Columbia. This is just too strange. I've had a tornado go through our town when I was younger. Been near the Red River flooding of ND and MN. But earthquakes and tsunamis. Since we've been here there apparently been several earthquakes. I haven't felt them, but I'd be talking to someone at work and they'd say "did you feel that" (my office is on the 2nd floor) and I'll say no but sure that night's news tells of an earthquake, usually approximately 3 in magnitude. I guess that's one more thing I'll get use to.

Jody will be travelling Saturdays to the Kenai Pennisula deliverying bulk drops for fed ex. I so wanted to go with him tomorrow as it's suppose to be really nice, but I can't. Fed Ex is requiring me to go in and sign a waiver as well as they have to do a background check on me, which will take 3 days. Bummer. Please pray for him that the Lord will keep him safe. Lord willing I'll go with him next Saturday.

Wow two posts in one day!!! Sorry!

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

We LOVE the Kenai Peninsula! It's SO PRETTY around there! We have great memories of a fantastic vacation in that area a few years ago, and a great picture of Brother Smith with the biggest fish he's ever caught, even though it was small for Alaskan standards! We LOVE Alaska! I think I've told you before, but I had a hard time dragging Brother Smith away from Seward--he wanted to homestead right there. ;-)

Momma Tammi said...

I understand that today is Brother Nowling's birthday, so in honor of him...we sing this song...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday, God bless you! Happy Birthday to you!

Brother Nowling, the real blessing is in not having to HEAR us sing this to you! ~giggle~ We hope that you have a wonderful birthday surrounded by your favorite girls!

Love...The Adams'Family