Tuesday, January 23, 2007

MAKE IT STOP!

Ok all you that want some snow...if I could send some your way I would be glad too. It has been snowing for days. We have about 3 feet of snow on the ground. I want to say it's not pretty any more but I can't honestly say that BUT enoughs enoughs. MAKE IT STOP! Everyone telling me this is the most Anchorage has had in years. Of course, our first year, why not! Slippery roads, brushing off cars, scraping windows, car accidents and moose everywhere (including dead in middle of the main street ~ bottom lip is sticking out as I felt bad for the moose). A moose even walked right by our window last night but we didn't see it go by the window, we say it come back down the street. I'm really tired of white! Street signs are covered with snow, signal lights are just barely peeking out from the snow, snow banks are so high you can't see around them (they're taller than I am), streets are so narrow because of the snow banks only one car can get through at a time, and my 4 foot "welcome" yard sign is just barely visible. BUT Brother Nowling hasn't had to shovel and for that he's grateful and so are we (our land lady snow blows for us).

Any way, did I say MAKE IT STOP SNOWING!!!

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Just take lots of pictures and remind yourself that these will make great memories down the road. As for being tired of white, well, it won't be long and all the white stuff will be brown and ugly and MUDDY! YUCKO! One of the things I love about Alaska is all the waterfalls EVERYWHERE. They will be ABUNDANTLY plentiful this Spring and Summer! If there's ANY WAY you can pull it off, you ought to take the train down to Whittier this Spring. It's the same route you can drive, but it's just neat to be able to sit in the train car and be able to completely focus on all the beauty and all the waterfalls. Then, the 5 hour cruise is spectacular, too. It can all be done in one day and it's SO worth the $$$, at least for a one-time trip anyway.

J Nowling said...

Yes, white is better then brown. And it's cleaner then mud and there will be alot of that whenall this melts (yuck!). And the waterfalls and all should flow heavily as this melts.

Thanks for the info on Whittier. I know Sis. Texter was telling Brother Nowling the ferry from Whittier to Cordova is gorgeous (but costs almost as much as a plane ticket). We're going to do something...he still owes me a 25th anniversary get away...he just doesn't know it yet~giggle.

Momma Tammi said...

So...has it stopped snowing yet? I like the new background.

The Middle J said...

Its still snowing- has been sense Sunday evening I think- its lightly snowing but snow is snow and Im read for it to stop as well!!