Monday, January 15, 2007

My Hubby's Birthday!!!

No I didn't forget my husband's birthday. Our internet didn't appreciate the fact that it was his birthday and that I needed to get on this morning, but it wouldn't let me. When Jenna got up she got it working but I had to leave for work and I couldn't do anything by that time. I had already given him a "real" sweet, and sappy card with a Thomas Kinkade picture (he's one of my favorite artists). When I got home we headed across town for me to fill out the paper work to become a Fex Ex employee. Yeah that's what I "technically" will be doing so I can ride with on Kenai trips on Saturdays. I just won't be a "paid" employee or an employee with any hours. Any way we got there and there were no managers there so I got to try again tomorrow. Then the two of us was going to get dinner...where, we couldn't figure out. I did say that soup sounded good and the girls had said TGIF had good soup. So we get there and the place is so packed that he won't even go to see how long of a wait it will be,we just get back in the car and drive, and drive, and drive. We drove down Muldoon, down Tudor, down Debarr and I'm not sure where else and where dud we eat at....what is the cheapest date a couple could on...you got it MCDONALD'S. Yeah, go ahead and groan, laugh or whatever. I'm sure many of you can relate. It just proves we're gettig old.

Adam's Family...Brother Nowling thanks you for your birthday wishes...but the song....it WAS really bad (that was his words)~ giggle.
Thanks to the Doran's, "CokeLady" as he puts it, and Sister Smith for your kind birthday wishes.

By the way we really had a great SS yesterday. I love it when everyone get's involved. Then for the Sunday night service we had about 17 people out. It was Jessa's missionary service and I know she was really nervous (I'm not sure "nervous" is the word) because of one particular person being there. It started out with a real strain trying to worship. I asked Sis. Grant (our state WMB leader)to pray for Jessa and you could really feel the presence then. She had scriptures read from Colossians, and I & II Thessalonians on being steadfast. She shared brief thoughts of her own and then asked the "youth" in particular to share thoughts on one of the scriptures that may have stuck out to them. They were scriptures that spoke on their own, but the comments were strong and straight forward. It was good. I've said before and I'll keep saying it...Anchorage has been fighting the enemy but there is a GREAT VICTORY ahead and I am anxiously watching for it!!!

0 comments: