Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Old and The New Ran Together

I don't think I've ever experienced a year full of soooo many changes as I experienced in 2006. The year ended with sadness of something lost that can't be regained, but the joy of seeing two young souls saved. But the road ahead is going to be tough, the tests hard, but the victory is going to be grand because the enemy has been working so very hard even as we entered into 2007. When you stop and think of the fact of how the victory was won, it was won in blood. Our Lord's blood that was shed over 2000 years ago and then reached into 2007 for everyone that would accept it.

If there is anything I could ask for in 2007 it would be the same thing that Solomon asked for...wisdom. Wisdom and discernment. Parenting is the most difficult job there is. Couple that with pastoring and my cry is "give me wisdom Lord, please give me wisdom".

My other cry is "heal our land". Heal the hurts, mend the broken hearts and make us one in 2007. I'm tired of hurting, and seeing my dear brothers and sisters hurting. Not only by the enemy outside but an enemy within. Make it stop Lord, make it stop! Heal relationships, heal bodies, heal the broken, heal the schisms, heal our land. "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14. He's talking to His people, that are called by His name...and He's telling HIS PEOPLE to turn from their wicked way. He's not telling the world to turn from their wicked ways, but HIS PEOPLE need to turn away from THEIR WICKED ways. Ouch! The Church is suppose to be a place of safety...but has it been.

Well 2006 ended heavy hearted and full of tears and 2007 came in the same way. But I'm looking for the healing, I'm expecting times of wisdom. I'm going to reach for the VICTORY! It's there and Alaska is going to be shouting it. Because we are overcomers. Help us Lord to live as overcomers.

3 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

AMEN!

Vicki Smith said...

Double AMEN!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'll bite.
TRIPLE AMEN!