Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Brother Texture

Our precious Brother Texture had another huge stroke. The doctors don't give him much time. Brother Nowling spent about 3 hours with him this morning and they went hunting and fishing through his stories. Apparently just minutes after he left he had another major stroke. They didn't know the total impact until they received the MRI results this evening. Brother Nowling and I went out to dinner and Sister Grant called Brother Nowling on behalf of Sister Texture and we headed to the hospital. Their children were there along with some of the grandchildren and great children.

This brother is so precious. My hands are always cold and when I come in and shake his hand he takes my hands in both of his and warms them up. Then when we leave I always say "love you, God bless you" and he always responds with "He do". When I went to leave tonight I took his hand and told him he needed to warm it up. Sister Texture told me to tell him Jesus loves him, so I went through my usual and he managed to say "He do". Then he said something about the "reunion".

He turns 80 on Thursday and the family was talking about his celebrating his 80 birthday with Jesus. You rejoice and hurt at the same time. Watching the love between Sister Texture and him is heart rendering as she wants him to feel free to go to Jesus but you can feel the torture of her loss. She even went as far to tell him he was free to go and that she wouldn't be too far behind him. This is a man that is so loved by his family.

I couldn't help but think about my parents in the nursing home. They're in their early 80's and not in good health away....

Please pray for the family and our little church here as he is so precious to us all.

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I'm praying. For the loved ones of a Christian, death is bittersweet. But how wonderful that we have SOME sweetness to savor. I don't know how people survive the loss of a non-saved loved one; the torture of knowing where they're at must be so unbearable. Brother Texture is so close to finishing the race he's been running for SO LONG--the finish line is in sight! Exciting for him, though sad for those left behind. I can't wait until we ALL can cross the finish line!

J Nowling said...

As our SS lessons have been on judgment that thought has crossed my mind sooooo many time. Those that KNOW Him are Homesick, although we know are work here is not done yet.

He apparently made it through the night as we didn't receive any calls.

Momma Tammi said...

Our local church just sent him a birthday card. Hope it reaches him in time. We'll be praying for him and the family, church family included.