Sunday, October 07, 2007

We're Going to Minnesota!!!

PTL! Brother Nowling got the time off for us to go see my parents in the nursing home in MN. We told them when we left we would try to visit once a year. We figured probably October would be the best time. While at the assembly the Thompsons in Minnesota said the Smiths were coming to Minnesota to hold a weekend revival in October. Jody and I talked about seeing if we could make our visit co-inside with their revival. For Jody to get off work he has to find someone to cover his 10 hour, 9 pm - 7 am shift. Not an easy thing to do but he promised me he'd try. It took a few days before he got a response. I had decided I wasn't going to go without him this time. The assembly was too hard AND he needed to get away. Then he got one night covered but he needed two nights. Last night he walked into work and someone yelled out "Jody I'll cover for you". PTL. The two of us are going. My boss already told me I could have Friday off (he said he had it on ice for me in case it worked out - he's a good boss). Now we just need the flights to work out as we are going to try to fly standby on Northwest into MPLS. We need God to open the seats up.

My parents don't know and I won't tell them until we're on the plane. I don't want them to be disappointed and after all, they're in a nursing home so I don't have to worry about them being gone.

I am dreading flying again. I use to think it was the better way to go when we were driving several hours each month...but I'll take the driving any day. The long flights are hard. I actually tried to get Joleesa to go and she wouldn't because she did not want to fly that far so soon after our lonnnnnng, hard flight to the assembly. I tell you I applaud all those that have to fly long flights frequently. Oh, I like the 1-3 hour ones ok. Beyond that yuck! I can't sleep on the plane (if it's full) and I'm too tired to read. And I can't stop at a rest area, or a gas station to stretch and get a snack. I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I do thank the Lord that He's been so good to us in making a way for us to get places.

Please be praying for the flight issue and remember the revival. The Minnesota folks are small in number but they have a huge appetite for the Word of God.

1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Praise the Lord! See you soon!