Monday, October 08, 2007

But Why!

We can't go to Minnesota. There is absolutely NO open flights available. They tried to take us through Portland, through Seattle, through Chicago and even if we were to purchase a ticket, all flights were full. It's not going to happen. For some reason it's not meant to happen. I don't understand but I'm glad I didn't get my parents hopes up. We'll also not get to visit with the Thompsons and our dear brothers and sisters that we pastored 12 years ago. AND we won't get to be with the Smiths.

I'll call my parents this weekend and let them know we will try again after the 1st of the year. I do fear that time is getting away and I pray that time will hold for me to see them again.

I'm hoping I can still convince Jody to go somewhere within Alaska with me. It's been so long since we've really had any time together. Our 25th anniversary came and went and we didn't go anywhere. Our 26th anniversary came and went and we didn't go anywhere. I'm hoping we can go to Cordova or somewhere just for Friday night and come back Saturday.

I am sooooo bummed. I came home and hoped to discuss our plans with Jody and he's been sleeping because, here it's his night off, but he's helping out with Fed ex and driving to Kenai tonight so he's sleeping. I haven't even seen him.

Ugh!

1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! That's too bad. But I really hope you can go to Cordova, or Juneau, or somewhere new in Alaska. I hear Cordova's really pretty.