Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Update!

Ugh! I just had the longest post that I've done in a long time and I lost it. So here's the short of it. Brother Texture is home. When we visited last night, his speech was much better, he had some ice chips and a couple of teaspoons of applesauce but he couldn't swallow even with assistance from the physical thereapist's help. He was complaining of a headache when he came in, which was expected. He missed their dog Zoe so much that the family decided to have him spend his last days at home. So around 5 pm the ambulance brought him home, according to Brother Grant. We haven't gone to see him tonight as we actually cancelled church for the first time since we've been here. Brother Nowlng has the stomach flu. It actually started with the Textures and he went and visited them when they were sick. Then Jenna got it, and now him. Usually I would cover, but I didn't even know he was sick until about 5:30 pm and I had to go get him soup and 7 up. He had such a migraine with it I didn't want to leave him alone, and I just didn't feel like I could do it. Obviously, Brother Grant, although he probably would've been willing to, had a hard week and we couldn't expect him to.

We got a new laptop. It'll be mine as Brother Nowling has all his Bible programs on the old one. It had one day left on it's warranty so he took it in to get the sound card and probably the network card fixed, and who knows what else. It'll be nice not share. It never fails, we always seem to both want to be on it at the same time. So in 8 weeks, when he gets his back, no more sharing. He actually picked it out. I didn't care. I just wanted excel, Word, a sound card and internet capabilities. I did pick out a nice computer case. It has a pinkish, mauve lining. It's classy.

One last thing, May I brag a little...I took first for the most sales for September. Which means I got the Big Bear Award, which means I get the BIG Bear trophy on my desk for the next month (and it is BIG). I get my picture on the wall of the front office (across from my desk ~ they can take their time on that)and a bonus (but I don't know for how much). I never dreamed I'd ever get first but now I understand why I had to work the overtime and I was so stressed. It feels good to have been rewarded for working hard.

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Congrats on the award! Hard work does pay off.

Vicki Smith said...

Congratulations! Hope the bonus is a BIG one.
We're praying for Brother Texter and the family. I'm glad he's able to be at home where he's more comfortable and the family will be more comfortable.