Monday, October 01, 2007

Thanks For the Prayers

I'm feeling quite a bit better. It seems I have a kidney infection. Because I have horseshoe kidneys there is more pressure when I lay down. Last night I slept on my side with a pillow behind me. This afternoon I just dozed in the recliner because if I laid down it hurt. I'm grateful that the pain is pretty much gone if I'm not laying down and that is much better than it was.

Last Sunday and this Sunday we have had really good SS and services. Last Sunday night the Spirit really moved doing a worship. We have a precious brother (from TCOGO)that visits his brother during the summer month's here in Alaska and lives in TN otherwise. He was recently diagnosed with a serious illness. As I was leading worship I felt led to have the brother come forward and be annointed with prayer. The Spirit fell and it was great to see so many moved. Tonight it was a SWEEEET Spirit in the place. So, so sweet. It was great.

God has been soooo good...please help us pray for a building. We took Sister Heather's transfer today and Brother Jeremy's will be coming. We will soon be at 15 members and it's nothing to have 20 or more in service. We only have a couple of empty chairs. Please Lord we need a building.

Everyone have a great week. By the way, bear with me as we still have computer problems. I should say internet computer problems. The internet doesn't like our computer so I'm still borrowing computers.

5 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Hey, sis, I'm glad you're feeling better. I'll still keep praying for a complete healing.
I'm so sorry for not getting back with you on the chords to that song in time for last week. I looked around for the words and couldn't find them. Somebody else has requested chords to a different song, and I haven't gotten back with them either. I hope to answer both e-mails tomorrow, Lord willing. Thanks for sending the words. That'll really help.

J Nowling said...

Thanks Sister. I really appreciate it. Our youth service is this Sunday due to minister's convention being the weekend of our regular service.

By the way, I hear you folks are going to be in MN in a couple of weeks. Brother Nowling and I are trying to work it out to be there to visit my parents in the nursing home just about 30 miles from the church there. Please pray Brother Nowling can get someone to cover for him. I really don't like the idea of going again without him.

Vicki Smith said...

Oh, how neat it would be if you could be there for some of the revival! I hope the Lord works it out. --We're looking forward to it. We've never ministered in that part of the country before. I'm really hoping David and Pat Westburg can be persuaded to come. I haven't seen them in 15 years! Their daughter, Vickie, and I were best friends growing up in Idaho--fellow PK's.

Anonymous said...

hey sister nowling, I am back in town and stuff. I am glad to see you feeling better. I hope to be in church on wednesday if not i will see yall on saturday.

J Nowling said...

Sister Smith - I really hope we can come. I was actually talking to Sister Mitzi Thompson, they are soo looking forward to you folks ministering. They are so spiritually hungry for all they can get that she was saying that she wished Brother Smith could do a class, or something beyond just the weekend preaching. I told her I'd mention it to you.

Sister Jackie, I'm glad you're home. I hope everything went ok for you. See you soon.