Tuesday, May 06, 2008

On our way HOME to Alaska


It has been a great trip. We left our jobs behind, and did our best not to talk about burdensome things but enjoyed the beautiful city of San Diego. I only have one complaint about this city. It smells of SMOG! I can't wait for the fresh air of Alaska. My chest has bothered me the whole time due to the city smell. Oh, I guess it could've been warmer by the ocean, but that was ok. I LOVED my time with my dear husband. We both really enjoyed the sites. I shared what yesterday held for us. Gaslamp quarters last night wasn't what we were hoping for as it was Cinco De Mi and it was full of loud music and drunks. Pretty sad actually.

Today we slept in until 8 am. It had rained for the first time in 6 weeks. It was dreary and cold, but that was ok too. We had to get on the internet so wound up going to Starbucks as the hotels internet went into a secure mode (go figure, I was on it throughout our stay, and they said it wasn't secure, but it said it was). After paying for internet service and getting booted out a dozen times, we checked in for our flights and then we headed to the USS Midway. A retired carrier ship. It was awesome. Although, the stairs, ugh, between having a hard time breathing and my legs...but it was worth it. We learned a lot and even look at and saw the USS Ronald Regan (and another carrier) in port as well as a Princess cruise ship. It was just all around cool. The only problem we had was not enough time to really see everything before we had to leave for the airport.

The highlights for me were spending time with my husband #1, the palm trees (all different kinds), beautiful flowers, the housing (I felt like I was in Mexico), Old Town and all the shops, my favorite site was Seaport Village (a touch of New England).

I thank the Lord for this time Jody and I had together. The relaxing, and the beauty. Now full boar ahead preparing for state convention and camp (I did work on camp while Brother Nowling slept~smile).

Here's some pictures for you to enjoy. Order is all messed up as I don't have time to organize what blogger scatters.






2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures and the run down on your activities!

The Middle J said...

Yay I'm so glad you had fun ! I loved our vacations and it sounds like you enjoyed yours :-D