Sunday, May 25, 2008

Our Neighbor Girl

Ugh! Our next door neighbors little girl (I think it's their grand daughter) is allowed to just run the neighborhood. Sister Smith, I have bad news for you. The rhubarb has been destroyed. Friday afternoon apparently hera and another little girl decided to ransack our yard and deck. They pulled buds of my beautiful (expensive) fusia plant that Jenna got me for mother's day. She took rock and dirt and scattered it across our deck and she tore up the rhubarb. I'm not sure what other damage she did but Brother Nowling had had enough and went to talk to our neighbor (it was the girl's mother, he thinks that was there) and she didn't seem to care. So he called our land lady. I now remember why I like the country. Or least our own house (not a duplex) with our own yard. We actually had to call the police late one night be cause there were three men outside Joleesa's window screaming and cussing and one was beeing choked. As a general rule they're not a problem but there are so many people in and out of that place that we don't know who they all are. The older lady that actually lives there is rarely there. They're native and supposing most of them are related one way or another. We have visited a little with the older lady and she is very nice...but we told our land lady that something has to be done or we will be looking for another place. Actually I wouldn't mind getting a "house" but now that Joleesa is out on her own, I was thinking, why bother moving again, but maybe we do need to. We'll see.

By the way fortunately, my plant didn't get too much damage. It's still beautiful.

Well I have church and then this week, I have to get everything finished for camp. So a very busy week.

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

WHAT!?!? A RHUBARB WRECKER?!?!? That's CRIMINAL!!! Throw the book at her! Let's see, um . . . what book should it be?
I've instructed Brother Werkheiser to take our ice chest with him and FILL it with rhubarb from the campground and return it back to me. I don't know if he'll obey or not. ???

J Nowling said...

LOL. I will be sure he obeys. It's a matter if the rhubarb will obey and be ready for you. It wasn't quite here yet, soooo....we'll see. If it is, consider it in his ice chest.

Tammy Washburn said...

We just took the "ornery" little kids next door to church with us. The parent's were glad to get rid of them for a few hours and they stopped messing up our yard and built our SS at the same time. Ha!