Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is a day to look forward to. And I do, but for some reason I really am missing going to be with my brothers, sisters and dad that we have done several years. Though I've not been close to my family we always had Thanksgiving and Christmas to come together with some of them. Just knowing this year it's not even option (as it wasn't last year either) just is leaving a little longing. Then add to that the fact that Jody has to work tonight and tomorrow night so we're having a late dinner. And no matter what time we tried to have it Jessa can't be there because she works noon to 8 pm (or something like that) so any way it's going to be different which I should be used to by now. We did invite a couple of people to join us and then after we eat Joleesa and Jenna are going to go to the Alaska Shootout college basketball tournament. Jenna got two free tickets as did I so Jackie and Josh are going to join them and it's in the evening.

Life is full of changes. And as your family grows up the changes keep coming. Levi will be here for a visit for about 8 days. We'll be meeting what will probably be our first son-in-law. I'm looking forward to it.


Today I worked 12 hours. Our graphic design department is so short staffed and whenever there is a holiday the paper still has to get out. So I volunteered to step in and do whatever I could to help out. I couldn't believe how appreciative so many people were for my doing it. And though I was more than happy to help out, it was overtime for me. So that means money to put away for my England mission trip. It wasn't tough work so yes it was a long day. But it felt good to be helping, to be appreciated for helpingn AND for the extra money.

Well enough of my rambling. Everyone have a blessed Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Brother Ray had to work last night and tonight as well, so we are having to have a late dinner too. These night shifts can really stink sometimes. What a bummer to have to work on Thanksgiving! Hope you manage to have a good one anyway.

J Nowling said...

Sis Tammi we should be use to them by now as he's worked them for years, but everywhere else he's worked nights were closed on holidays. Obviously airports never close and instead this is their busiest time of the year. Christmas will be a repeat. Hey though they get holiday pay~ smile.

Jessa Stephens said...

uh!! I woke up this morning and just wanted to cry!!!!! For some reason it bothers me this year that I won't be there!! I'm going to stop by tonight after work....but I'm going to be running around trying to get ready too....I haven't packed anything yet!! I won't have too take much though...it's just 4 days...

Oh well...love you!!!

Vicki Smith said...

Although we live over 1,000 miles from our closest relative, thank God for Church family! We had a really nice Thanksgiving Day. I read on Jenna's blog that you did a GREAT job with your dinner. :-) I know you miss your extended family, but enjoy having your girls right there with you while you have them. You never know what the future holds. ;-) --I'm not whining about not having my kids; I SO THANKFUL they're serving the Lord and busy in His work! That's more important to me than spending my days with them here on earth. I intend to spend ETERNITY with them later on! Praise God!