Tuesday, November 11, 2008

This Is For You Levi

Well Levi wanted something from the parents. He won't get from the dad (he reads blogs, tells me I have to blog, and chews me out if I say anything about him that he doesn't like on my blog but that's as far as it goes) but you'll get something from the mom.

I am so glad you have come into Jessa's life. You have made her very happy.

As the mom, I want you to know in a world where everyone thinks they have to live together before getting married to decide if they're right for each other, I'm so grateful that God has made it clear as to he right way to "be sure". A loooonnnnngggggg courtship. The more time you can spend together, in a group and with chaperones of course, the more you can be sure.
Because as you know marriage, is for life.

I also need to be sure you can lead her Spiritually first and utmost. Support her financially and be "the man" of the house as well. You need to know how to work on cars so her dad doesn't have to work on hers any more. You also, need to be able to fix things around the house, so her dad doesn't have to any more. You see her dad has had to take of 4 women so, we want to know he can turn at least one of them over to someone else to relieve him of some of the responsibility.

IF you do plan on marrying, as much as I look forward to being a grandmother, it is very important that you two allow yourselves time to get to know each other. Get settled in and have some fun together. So I strongly recommend you wait 3-5 years before you have children.

Having said all that, I must tell you Levi....I'm JOKING!

Seriously now, I thank God daily that He has brought you and Jessa together. There is not a single person that has said anything negative about you. Your testimony goes before, literally because most of what we know of you is from other people. That says so very much. I am confident that it won't be long that I will get a son-in-law, and from what I hear, you'll make a good one. Her dad and mine heart's desire for our girls is that they find a Godly man and what we have heard, is that she has found one. Wherever God takes you in this relationship, I know that you will be good to her and she will be good to you. Enjoy yourselves, but keep God as the main focus in your life.

10 comments:

Jessa Stephens said...

I was worried there at first till i got to the part where you said you were joking! Im Soooooo glad you were just joking about a long courtship and 3-5 yrs for children.... and Jessa says thanks for being nice to me in how you wrote the post.- Levi

J Nowling said...

But your ok about the chaperones, that's cool ~ smile.

Vicki Smith said...

As I was reading I was thinking, "I don't know about Levi but I'm a little worried here!" HA! I gav a sigh of relief when I read the part about you joking. *wiping brow* I was thinking I might have to send you some scriptural guidance. LOL!

Tammy Washburn said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Actually, I liked the joke!!!!....but figured if he couldn't work on the car...at least he could pay for the mechanic!

That 5 years until grandchildren part was a very good idea. I'm praying for that myself. ;):)

Rebekah Doran said...

lol That was a good one Sis. Nowling! I thought you were serious at first and was wondering "What happen to the old Sis. Nowling??? Has AK changed her that much?" lol!

Sure sounds like you got a winner for a hopefully soon to be son-in-law. ;-)

Momma Tammi said...

Okay, I'm picking my chin up off the floor...for a moment there,I thought I was going to have a coronary and just when I thought I was a goner...I read..."JUST JOKING"! Whew! Forget blowing Levi's mind...please don't do that to the rest of us!!!! Our brains just can't handle it. *shaky laugh*

J Nowling said...

LOL. This was more fun then I thought it would be. I was just hoping to get Levi going. I actually tamed it down a lot, as I was going on and on and then decided he didn't know me well enough I better stop.

Levi-how about brownie points for me? I think I've earned a bunch ;o)

cokelady said...

HA! Looks like you had all of us thinking, "THIS LADY IS NUTS!!!" I'm all for parential guidance and advice in these matters, but it's not like Levi and Jessa are 17 years old--they probably don't need QUITE THAT MUCH instruction at this point! HA! Soooooo relieved you weren't serious. About everything, anyway! :-)

Amy Anders said...

Sis. Nowling, you had me going as well. I was wondering what Levi's response would be to the car fixing thing. :)

All of us here are glad that Levi has found a good christian girl, that most importantly loves the Lord. We just hate the part of them leaving us.

I am excited about it'll be my first trip EVER to Alaska. I know that mom and dad are getting excited as well!!!!!!!! From pictures that I've seen it's beautiful up there!!!!!

Tammy K. said...

Sis Nowling that was great. Poor Levi... That should break the ice anyway. I am also glad you were joking. :o) loved it...good job!!!I was thinking, wow he has alot to live up to.