Saturday, November 22, 2008

I'm Excited for Today!

Today I'm going the Arts and Craft Emporium. Yeah, not show it's an emporium. Don't ask me why they call it that except that it's a little classier and it's going to be in our new, beautiful Deni'na Center downtown. This is a beautiful building with lots of windows. My work is having a booth there selling their Moose calendars and needed volunteers. I love craft shows (even if I never buy anything as costs are usually high. Not that the items aren't worth it). Anyway they needed volunteers and seeing as I had no plans, love crafts shows and can get in free this way, I thought why not. So I'll be working the booth from 2 pm - 6 pm. Our moose calendars are a hot item every year. ADN sells thousands of them. The newspapers photographers, as well as readers pictures of moose throughout the year are looked over and an committee decides which 12 pictures will go in the calendar and ADN prints them. They have done it for years and have quite the following. So I expect the booth will be quite busy. So here's my plan for the day....
-clean house
-go to the 5th Avenue mall to JC Penney to look for winter boots and possibly some Christmas shopping.
-get some lunch
-head over to the Emporium a little before I start so I have a chance to walk through before I have to work the booth.
-drop the booth money at the safe at the office
-fix supper for my husband and whatever girls are there
-work on the church bulletin
-try to convince someone to play some games (I really want to play games and everyone is working these day - the nerve of them)

Tomorrow we will have a very skeleton congregation. We'll have 4 (possibly 5 out because of work), 2 out because of anniversary...Happy Anniversary Micah and Megan! And another 5 that we don't know for sure as they don't always come; so yeah a very few...but where two or three are gathered together in My name...Jesus will be there and that's what it's all about.

Have a great weekend and a blessed service.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

i would play games but i have no car cause micah is stuck working in the valley until 10. so... sad. i hate not have transportation.

thanks for the well wishes. micah and i are going to have our own personal prayer/devotion time. just because we'll be celebrating the occasion doesn't mean we can't have "church"

we'll be praying for everyone there.
oh. and please continue to pray for me. i'm still really sick.