Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Day After

It's amazing all the complaints you hear about Valentines Day. Those that don't have that "special someone" hates Valentines Day and those that do have someone dislike it because they feel "obligated" to do something. My day wasn't anything special a work, or at home. I enjoyed surpising Jody with a gift and card when he got up and then another card in his truck. He's been putting in long hours and with church I knew we wouldn't be doing anything special. He did get me a beautiful card and a package of gum (he keeps taking my gum and I told him he owed me pack~grin). But all day at work I was feeling achy, freezing and nauseous so I was glad we didn't have a big dinner planned. I didn't even go to church. The girls werelooking at the messages left on their myspace and commenting.

All and all Valentines day is a day to show your love and Jenna said it best, we should be showing it all year long. By setting a day aside for it we give big business big bucks for things that cost half the money the rest of the year.

Let's celebrate our love for each other and God's Love everyday in small simple ways.

Sorry about the rambling!

0 comments: