Friday, February 02, 2007

Where is "Home"?

Jessa, Jenna and I had a discussion about whether Anchorage was feeling like home. Joleesa had made the statement that she knew that Menomonie wasn't home any more, but neither is Anchorage and Jenna agreed. I at first was very angry but then I was honest with myself and realized they were right. It's not "home" yet...but my family is here and they are what makes it "home" but Anchorage is NOT home that's going to take time. It took time for Menomonie to become "home" and Anchorage is bigger and drastically different then what we are use to.

Top that off with adding another individual to our house before we have fiqured everything out here and we've got quite the challenge ahead of us.

If you really want to know how much Anchorage isn't "home" yet to me ask Sister Debra Hart from Alabama. You don't have someone show a visitor around town when she doesn't know her own way around. The advantage to it is she got to see more of the town then she would've had I known where I was going~grin. She also told me about an ice sculpture park downtown. I had heard about it but didn't know where it was but she had an idea because of their taxi driver...how funny is that. I got to see some of the shops for the first time that she was seeing and we did have great time together and once we found the park, she really experienced "cold" as she sat on the ice sculpted turtle (0r should I say slid off). I was trying to take a picture but she was slipping and I was laughing so hard I couldn't keep her camera steady to get a good picture. Then the walk back to the car...uh not only is it not safe for me to drive and talk; walking and talking doesn't work for me either! Let me put it this way, we walked much further then we would've had to ~ shaking head and grinning.

Back to a more serious note...No matter how I look at it I am so "home sick" but not for any place in this world. I want to go HOME to see my Jesus. I'm tired of facing off with the enemy and trying to protect those I care about. "Please Lord Jesus Come Quickly" but bring those I care about to You first.

1 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I can see Sis. Debra sliding off that ice sculpture...not sure that I would have been able to get a good picture from laughing so hard.

After tonight...I'm ready to go home too!