Saturday, February 03, 2007

I Stand In Awe

Ok today was one of the most relaxing days I've had in a very long time. I made my second trip with Jody to the Kenai. If you remember two weeks ago I went for the first time and it was blizzard weather...but today was absolutely gorgeous. It was in the 30's and the sun was shining. This amateur photographer got some pretty decent sunrises as we hit the road at 6 am (remember sunrise is about 9 am here). After we unloaded the Fed Ex truck (and yes I do mean "we" as Jody hands everything down to me except the heavy big stuff and I seperate them by zip codes)we headed back. It was gorgeous out! I found myself singing "I Stand In Awe" as I looked at His handiwork I saw my Lord. And He leaves me speechless!

I've put some pictures from both trips. Note the black and white ones...they weren't taken in black and white that's truly how it looked and then note the blue sky and water one. I wonder which trip they were from~smile.

Sister Smith, note the fisherman...Brother Nowling wants you to be sure and show Brother Smith. We saw them on both trips. The first trip the temp was about 5 degrees, this trip in the 30's. Either way FREEEEZING when you're in the water.

Those of you who have access to my Ringo, you can go there and find a lot more pictures of both trips. I took more pictures than what's on Ringo, but the FED EX truck has a crack across the windshield, along with being dirty for the roads so I didn't put those on.



This was during my first trip to Kenai...this is from Brother Nowling to Brother Smith. There were two guys out there today too.

Alaska has beautiful sunrises, when they have them.

All along the way you see signs telling you to watch for avalanches, this picture shows the possibility of one and there were actually several like that.

OK Blogger is being stupid. Becki Horne's picture thieves stole 4 of my pictures. So I'll try to get them on later tonight or tomorrow. Other wise view our winter wonderland at Ringo.

1 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

I love the pictures. Glad you had such a great day!