Sunday, April 01, 2007

Please stop the Coughing

I feel like my stomach muscles are going to rib apart they are sooo sore. I did get out of my pjs today and went out for breakfast with my husband. I think we were gone for a whole hour and came back and took a nap. I did everyone's taxes with a heater directly on me as my hands and feet were just freezing. I helped the girls a little bit get some stuff together as Tim came over and helped Jody move their furniture (bedroom furniture and a couple of chairs). They still have their desks to move. I so wished I was up to helping them more. Maybe this week I can go with them to get a few things. We then took another nap, as Jessa is still not feeling the best either. This is suppose to be an exciting time for them...their first night in their apartment. Jody then brought stuff home to make homemade chicken noodle soup and the girls helped with that (everything tastes horrible to me but it sounded good). I then ironed and packed all Jody's clothes for next week. Jody does almost anything around the house. He is one awesome husband when it comes to putting clothes together, ironing and packing, he's dangerous. I sure hope his clothes don't get wrinkled in the garment bag. I don't know how you ladies do it, I almost always wind up ironing something of his when we travel. He assured he there's irons at the hotel and if they're wrinkle he'll iron them (last time he ironed, he ironed more wrinkles in then they started out with ~ ugh) that he promised he wouldn't embarrass me~then laughed and said "because no one will know you". Gotta love him ~smile. I then studied my Sunday School lesson, yeah I'm going to try to teach tomorrow, I really need your prayers for that. And then it's midterms for Joleesa and of course we waited until the last minute so I was correcting her papers as to get them in. Unfortunately, they will be late (although last time I was just a couple of days late and they said it was fine)as I just can't handle any mor.

Tomorrow I take Jody to the airport right from church. Then I have to plan the youth service; I know what I'm doing but I just got get it all together. Plus I've got to correct more of Joleesa's school. And I just know I'll need a nap in there. Lunch will be out...anyone know a good soup place in Anchorage.

Why is it when you need a nice restful weekend at home, it's nowhere to be found!

Well I'm going to take a bath in our whirlpool tub and see if I can get some sleep like most of you are already doing. Have a great service.

6 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I don't pack for my husband; he does his own. That way I'm not responsible for anything forgotten. ;-) I do all the laundry and have his ghandis, socks and undershirts put away in his dresser drawers, and I have all his shirts and pants ironed and hanging in the closet. He picks out what he wants to take and packs it himself. I just stay home and try not to think about what he looks like when I'm not there to shake my head "no" when he thinks he's ready to go meet people. For these trips to Honduras and Argentina I've just solaced myself with the thought that there will be very FEW women around, only men; and most men would never notice another man's clothes being mismatched or wrinkled. That realization makes me feel much better.

Tammy Washburn said...

Praying for you. Hope you get to feeling better. I understand the coughing part.

J Nowling said...

The flight from Anchorage to Seattle was nothing to write home about, who knows I might become good at this flying thing (not). As I read the comments concerning my cloths, there find, I just laid them under my sheets at night and theres no wrinkles to be found :) some how theres "man-law" invoke here, I'am not sure how yet, I will not tell my wife about the weather here......... sunny and warm. I have come in contact with two man one from Ghana (sp) and the other Cancun Mexico, which we (the Alaska Airlines) fly to, I'am trusting for more contacts as the week moves forward....

Jody

J Nowling said...

OK Jody I'm impressed! Not that you put your clothes under your sheets (shaking head, ladies he really did NOT put them under his sheets), but that you posted and I wasn't at the keyboard. I'm sure Brother Ray could come to your rescue to find where the "man-law" fits in here.

I love you and miss you. I know you'll pass your tests with flying colors.

Momma Tammi said...

Brother Ray said that he was very sorry that he can't help out, but the only place he has ever seen "man-law" work is in your home, because it certainly doesn't work in ours. ~hee hee~

J Nowling said...

I can help you Br. Ray, the more men we have the stronger the "Law" :) any-ho seatac has been very nice, I thought Anchorage was a busy place! class have been going good, today is test day, for the most part everyday is test day, however Alaska Airlines has some perks which will help my family get back and forth to the assembly, I need to do good.......

Jody