Friday, March 30, 2007

Home Again

My boss called about 5:45pm last night to see how I was doing. I'll I had to do is say hello and he knew I was still doing terrible. He assured he would cover for me so I wouldn't get behind and insisted I stay home. He also went on to tell me I sold about $50,000 in National advertising (obviously he took care of it for me) so I was off to a good start for P4 (April). He was really great and told me not to even worry about calling in he would just plan on my not being there. I was so trying to not miss a single day of work. When you go 6 months without having a sick day, you earn a vacation day. March 18th was 6 months but I'm not sure how it works.

A friend of mine in MN a while back pointed out to me that after every church event, I get sick. She is so right. All I can think of is when I'm with people I don't see very often I push myself and don't get enough sleep. Also, if I'm on program I give out so much that I am quite spent afterward. Friday I was in bed by 11 pm but we had to up at 3:30 am to catch our flight. Saturday night I didn't go to bed until after 1 am when I'm usually in bed by 10 pm at home, the fact that Brother Nowling made himself at home with his snoring didn't help any. I could've taken a nap, but I hate missing out on a chance to visit. Then Sunday we got home about 10 pm but I was up until about 11:30 pm sharing the weekend with the girls. Monday I felt fine but I was feeling like I was losing my voice. Tuesday morning I was worse and it has progressively got even worse. Today at least I'm not fevoring but my head throat and chest hurts and it still feels like my throat and chest are being ripped apart when I cough.

Jody's usually a real champ for me when I'm sick but he's too stressed about his training to think about anything else. He's been sleeping on the couch so he won't get sick. Him and Joleesa have gone to take their Alaska driver's test (Joleesa will have do her permit first). Then he has to take his highschool diploma down to AA as when they called his school they told them it would be a few weeks before they could get his transcripts to them. They call everybody and then some. There are no secrets from them that's for sure. He has a workbook he has to complete before Sunday and he was freaking out that he wasn't going to pass (Jenna started helping him as to try to calm him down). Top that with the fact that he's not fond of flying and he'll have to fly by himself this time, and the fact that he hates not being here for us and for the church. I just pray the Lord calms him down.

Jody has gone many places by himself, retreats, BTI, Canada, etc. We're just a very close knit family and if it's possible for one of us to have another go with us we do. He'll do just fine on all counts if he'll calm down. I believe he's going to get to the place that he even enjoys flying~grin. It may take a few more flights for that to happen, but it will.

Well, my body says it needs sleep now. Thanks for the prayers, please keep them coming.

1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Rest. I hope you're getting LOTS of rest. That's probably what your body needs most. I'm praying for you.