Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Building

You would think the 700 sq ft would feel spacious but by the time you get a piano, pulpit, altar ( I will be THRILLED to have an altar)and it partitioned off for 2 SS rooms, which is what we really need, we wouldn't have much more room then we do now. I so long to have enough space to have a Holy Ghost, flag waving march. The Lord knows what we NEED. I'm willing to even go back to the man and negotiate more. BUT he's already come down considerably AND I would really like to see our young people put their faith into action and trust the Lord as for them to make a commitment. They will be robbed of so many blessings, in more ways than one, if they don't. Even it's a small commitment, God knows their heart and their faith and will bless them accordingly.

I remember when Brother Nowling and I were first married, the local church we were members at (Church of God of Prophecy) had just built a new dome church. Each WORKING member had made the commitment to pay $40/month. There were plenty of months that it was tough as a young couple just starting out. But you know what God honored our faithfulness and we made it. I know He'll do the same for this group.

Megan, it's not in Midtown. It's just before Barnes and Noble (I figure that's a landmark you'd remember ~ grin)on the right hand side. Right off Northern lights. Very easy to get to and plenty of parking.

It is such a scary thing to even think of taking on any kind of payments with such a young congregation. Brother Nowling and I are more than willing to do all that we can and beyond, but it's their church too. You know how when someone gives you something. You would like it, enjoy it, take care of it, etc but buy it with your own money...you cherish it, it truly BELONGS to you. I think of Joleesa with gas prices as they are, any time she thinks about making an extra trip for something, or if she makes a wrong turn, her comment is "do you see those gas prices". She's even started "driving" her car differently. If it was left to us to take her around, or she was driving our car, with our gas...the effect wouldn't be the same. That's the way I feel this can be. God can, and I believe WILL help us make it happen if were WILLING. It will be interesting to see how badly everyone really wants a building. But it's one thing to talk about it and another thing when you can help make it happen, but you've got consider what you may have to sacrifice.

I've got to leave it in the Lord's hands or I will make myself sick over it. But I so want altar. I so want to see children being taught when they come, I want to feel free to HAVE children come, I want Jeremy and Heather (and other young parents that may come )to feel comfortable bringing their baby to church (hopefully we can make the children's SS class a little bit of a nursery too; plus the bathrooms are right there. No going outside into someone elses home and some times finding the door locked), I want to have space to run if I feel the Spirit on me to run. Brother Werkheiser showed how to allow the Spirit to move even in our tight quarters and I PTL for that, but what freedom the Spirit can have when we have the room. Also, we can advertise. People will see the name on the building and it'll be it's own advertisement. We can have monthly dinners to raise funds for different things. This small group really hasn't done that. I know it's a lot of "I" but it truly is for the right reason.

My heart is so desiring to see Anchorage move forward for the Lord and His Church and many of us have said "we need a building", maybe, just maybe this is our chance. If it is the Lord making a way for us, I don't want us to miss it as I know the suffering that can take place when one doesn't listen. So thank you to those who have been praying, and please continue to pray. We need to be in God's will.

1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Sounds real exciting! I'll be praying God will direct your steps.