Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Lazy Weekend

This is going to be a lazy weekend. It started raining last night and is kind of dreary today so it's good sleeping weather. Consider we're starting the long days, I don't mind a dreary evening and morning as I sleep better. When the sun is shining bright, people don't belong sleeping. But summer in Alaska, if that was the case Alaskans would never sleep.

Today Alaska Airlines is having their company picnic. Get this Jody had to pay $5 a ticket...but at least they have one. Anchorage Daily News doesn't do anything summer, Thanksgiving or Christmas. Any way, we're going to it because Jody said they're giving away some great prizes, like positive space airline tickets. Yeah, we can fly free stand-by but in the summer that's a challenge because the flights are full. Positive space is basically free guaranteed tickets. It's been a long time since I have won anything, hopefully today will be a good day for one of us.

After that Joleesa and I are going to spend some time together. Tomorrow's Father's Day (I think we're going out to eat) and I've got my youth service. The greatest gift someone can give Brother Nowling is take him fishing. He is sooooo wanting to go fishing but it's tough because he works weekends and everyone else works during the week. One of these days he's going over to Bethel and do some real fishing with Brother Mojin. He was wanting to go this Monday, but realized with it being father's day and all he probably has a house full. Hopefully soon.

Well, I better get busy. Though I'm washing clothes, I need to load the dishwasher and pick up a bit, shower and get ready for the picnic. Everyone have a great weekend.

0 comments: