Monday, June 23, 2008

Never Been So Sick

I was woken up Sunday morning at 3 am making a mad dash for the bathroom. Usually I can fight it off but no way this time. It came at full fl edge. Then I found myself sitting and a bucket on my lap as it was coming from both directions. Every 15 minutes. If I took a sip of Sprite or ice chips I was right in there. By noon my lips were cracking, I was so thirsty and weak. When Jody got home from Church he to me to the emergency room. My electrolytes and potassium levels were dangerously low. They hooked me up for two hours to an IV to replenish both of those and more and then I was sent home with a pill for the nausea. I have slept through the last 24 hours. I feel like I've lost a day of my life and so quickly. Now I'm not nauseated but I still can't move from the bathroom. I've drank apple juice, water and jello, that's it. I drinking some herb tea.

One of bad things is my boss was on vacation this week. I called him at home last night. He was so great. He was checking my stuff from home and connecting with my coworkers and his boss to get my job. He is a great boss. I guess his son-in-law had it a few weeks ago so he has an idea how bad it is.

Anyway, please pray for a quick recovery I need to get back to work. They don't know if it was food poisoning or just virile. The doctors say 3 days for recovering and I don't have 3 days. So your prayers are requested again. Thanks

1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

So sorry to hear you're sick! I'll definitely be praying. God doesn't need 3 days--He can fix it NOW!