Friday, June 06, 2008

Random camp pictures

As usual blogger does everything in reverse...you may want to scroll down and work your way up.

Do you see the likeness?

A true conversion....

I love this sight!!! Victory in the sky.

Getting ready to share our victory balloons.

One of the best camp pictures ever...taken during the banquet.

Banquet "Victory Celebration"

A famous pose of Brother Nowling's (it's because he's hard of hearing)

Josh and Jackie Grant, they really are awake and enjoying themselves.

Brother Werkheiser, campfire and smores.

Building a bridge during rec time.


My "weight loss class" challenge. Brother Grant, Tim, Micah and Isaiah thought they were strong so we had a push-up contest. Most push ups in 30 seconds. Tim won but then had to do push up with wood logs on his back. The weight made it more difficult.

6 comments:

Rebekah Doran said...

Enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for putting them up! :)

Vicki Smith said...

WHAT?!?!? Brother Werkheiser wearing a SUIT at Camp??? What a dork! Doesn't he know that's against the rules? *shaking head* I'm gonna have to have a long talk with that boy. ;-)

J Nowling said...

LOL. He wore a suit every night. He never asked and I didn't say anything as I figured that's how he was most comfortable. The first day he wore dress slacks, then he put on jeans for the camp fire and the next day, so I knew it wasn't a matter of he ALWAYS wore a suit. He probably needed the layers, as he sweats so when he preaches!!!

Did you get your rhubarb Sister Smith.

Vicki Smith said...

Brother Werkheiser delivered the picture of last year's camp. THANK YOU! And he gave the red salmon to Brother Smith. I'm not sure how to cook it, though. :-) The rhubarb is in the fridge at the church. The Werkheisers brought it to Heritage Day today and put it in the fridge. We all went out to eat afterwards and it was 95 degrees outside today and I didn't want it wilting in the car so I intend to get it tomorrow. Yippee!!

J Nowling said...

I'm glad you got everything. We did the copper reds on the grill with butter, lemon juice, white worstershire sauce, and I don't remember what else. I can find out if you want me to.

Vicki Smith said...

I just found out that the "red salmon" that was sent to Brother Smith was from Brother Grant and not you. I thought YOU GUYS had sent the little stuffed animal fish that was red fabric, with a green head and had "Alaska" printed on the side. THAT'S the only "red salmon" we got. REAL salmon, I know how to cook! Polyester stuffed ones, I'm inexperienced. ;-)