Thursday, September 04, 2008

The Piano and the Altar











Click on the picture to get a better view!

Little by little our space is becoming a sanctuary. I have so longed for an altar. Monday we searched and searched for something that would work. Even trying to figure out how to make one. Josh and Jackie came over that evening and Jackie said that Fred Meyer was having a huge 60% off furniture sale. So at 8 pm we headed out and we found what was to become our altar. They are benches for farm tables. They were a lighter wood then what I would have preferred, but Brother Nowling had wanted a small cross on the pulpit and we found one at Michaels, a craft, that he stained a contrasting light stain. We (Jenna and I, Jenna more than I) didn't think it would work, but it actually looked good. I then got a vase with "grass" in that blended well. Then the material on the piano also had some light tan, so we took the chance and got them. It started out costing more than I really had planned on spending and then with Jackie's discount and an additional 10% coupon that she got out of their sales flier, gave 25% off (it wasn't part of the 60% off sale, bummer), whicht 25% made it where I could afford it (and get this, my bonus check for taking second place in sales in June, will cover what we spent this weekend). We took them right to the church and Josh, Jackie and Joleesa put them together and they look awesome. I am so please with them and the material on the piano. I can't thank God enough for making it come together. Now I can't wait to see lives being changed at the altar.
We're awaiting the cross for the wall and then the Church and American flags. I will be sooooo excited once we get our flags up. Does anyone know where to get reasonably price flag poles and stands? I don't think the Church flag will come with one. I've been looking around town and I haven't seen any as of yet. I did a quick search online and groaned at the price. So any suggestions would be welcome.
Well now you have the process thus far (Jenna's blog has some additional pictures). God has been good. We had a wonderful Wednesday night service. A spirit of worship prevailed and that is what Brother Nowling preached on as well. God is just good. My heart is overflowing with what He's done. Oh Satan tries to bring us down...but you know what God is God and He is blessing us so and I really praise Him.

6 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Everything looks GREAT! Good job and PRAISE GOD!!!

Jessa Stephens said...

It looks really good Mom!!!

J Nowling said...

Thanks both of you.

Tammy K. said...

I need flag poles too, if anyone has suggestions I would like to know as well. Sam told me the hug story, very sweet.
The church looks great. When your ready for the pictures just hollar. You guys are doing a good job and I am glad you have been having good services to go along with the new church. Praise God.

J Nowling said...

Between maps, banners, attendance board, clock, bulletin board, and cross it really is looking like we won't need the pictures.

If you hear something first about flag poles would you let me know and I'll do the same.

Tammy K. said...

yes