Sunday, September 14, 2008

PFDs

Jessa, Joleesa and I didn't get our dividend (PFD) but Jenna and Brother Nowling did. But Joleesa and I finally got a letter explaining the status. Mine said they couldn't find my direct deposit account at Alaska Pacific Bank so they'll be mailing me a check. That's fine, but I didn't put Alaska Pacific Bank as my bank (and actually there isn't any such bank), so that's why my account number didn't match up. UGH! Joleesa's had something to do with her direct deposit and they said she too, would be receiving a check. That to is fine, but we don't even know what that problem was. But with Jessa, she didn't receive anything and when we checked the website it said "not found". She was feeling really discouraged and thought for sure she wouldn't get it. I assured we'd find the paper work and get it worked out. Find the paper work Brother Nowling did. He handed it to me and the minute I looked at it I knew the problem. Her last had changed, she had a typo, Jessalynn Nowlind. Sure enough I go into the website under Jessalynn Nowlind and it says "pending" assigne to case worker....So Brother Nowling and her will be going in tomorrow morning and wait in what should be a very long line and get it cleared up. At least we all know what's happend.

Josh Grant is going to be holding Brother Nowling's hand as he buys himself a hand gun. A dream he has had for some time. It's actually been fun watching him with these young men (and ladies~Jackie) discussing which gun he should get. I asked Josh if I should go with so he doesn't spend "too much". His response, tell me how much he's allowed to spend and I'll make sure he doesn't go over it. We sat visiting with several of them Wednesday night and the discussion centered around "guns" and what he should get. They looked to me...my words, he knows what bills we have, what we want to put in savings and what he has left. If he can live with his concious and feels like God approves with how much he spent, who am I to stand in the way. Ohhhh...pretty clever. But you know I really meant it. He wants me to go with him target shooting some time. I probably will borrow a gun some time to see if it's something I'd enjoy, but I don't forsee me getting one.

What I did get is a small antique "looking' stand to sit where the piano was, along with a tricyle planter. I needed something to put my state books, and youth things in as Brother Nowling has the small office. I really love it and I got it for next to nothing. I'm going to get new glasses (but those I would've gotten any way, but we just don't have to budget for it this way).

Well, gotta run. We've got to go pick up Brother Mack from the airport as he preached in Bethel as Grants went to Seattle to celebrate their anniversary and Heather is in labor.

By the way, this morning attendance was small due to those working, some being out of town and other's in or at the hospital so we had a two hour long Sunday School on "Restoring Abraham's Wells" I so enjoyed it and I think others did too.

0 comments: