Sunday, September 07, 2008

A Relaxing Weekend

After a hectic, waring week on the job, I've had a relaxing weekend. With our governor becoming VP running mate for McCain, the newspaper has been busier than ever. This is a superbowl experience for our Newspaper and ADN.com. The nation is hungry for news on our governor and with The Anchorage Daily News and ADN.com being Alaska's major newspaper, we have had to have the news. ADN.com usually gets 300-500,000 page views each day (less on the weekend) and since the announcement of Palin; in 7 days we got 11.7 million page views. It's been unreal.

Anyway, I was very much needing to relax. I slept in until 9 am on Saturday. Then I worked on our bulletin. When we first came to Anchorage we did bulletins, but after months of them sitting on church chairs, we stopped. Such a waste of money and time. We (meaning "me") are doing them again but Brother Nowling made the announcement to use them for their purpose and take them home. Refer to them as reminders, please don't leave them behind!!! Cheers from me!

At about 3 pm I got Brother Nowling up (he works Friday nights) we went out to eat then he dropped me off to go grocery shopping while he vacuumed out my car. A fair trade in my mind. Then I headed off for our monthly youth Bible study. We've been studying Brother Covey's "Delving into the Depths". This is an awesome book and has proven to be a great youth study and last night was not exception. We have such a great group of youth. They really participate and we were on chapter 4 "Consider your ways...." on examining yourself. It was a great study. Then Jackie and Josh met me at the church with the cross that they and Jacob made. It looks great. We've bought stain on three different occasions for different projects and it has turned out that they're all different shades with the cross being the darkest but you know what, it needs to stand out and it really looks good. So we have our cross (I'll post a picture soon~my camera batteries are dead). Now we're waiting on our flags.

Then this morning we had a wonderful Sunday School, worship and service. There is such excitement in the air. In the past it wasn't unusual that people would be late. But not now. We are scampering to be there early enough to beat our people, who are now early, as we are only allowed two keys. Then we also have a pass key to get into the building, so no one can even get into the building until we get there. We have always hated being late and strive to be early, but now we not only have to strive to be early but to be earlier than everyone else, which is turning into a challenge and its great. It's great to fellowship before and not be "waiting" to start because several have gotten there yet.

Fall is here and came quickly. I looked out the window in the morning and our tree outside our window was full of leaves with just a little gold, and then by evening the leaves were falling and gold was the main color. The air is very crisp and fresh. Autumn is so my favorite time of the year if I can keep my husband from reminding what's shortly behind it. We all took naps this afternoon, so maybe we'll actually get a fire going in our fire pit and enjoy a fall evening.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Sounds like new beginnings all around! Great post.

Netty said...

People just do not realize the amount of work that goes into a bulletin! LOL!
That use to be my job a couple of years ago and I would just cringe to see them left on the benches or thrown on the ground.
God Bless ya!!
We should be in Alaska soon!
Might c-ya!