Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Looking Forward to Friday.

Friday is Brother Nowling and mine 27th anniversary. (Would I really have had to clarify "Brother Nowling and mine" ~ smile ~ I would hope if I said it is my 27th anniversary, everyone would know what I meant). After much searching, and many phone calls we were finally able to find a hotel (actually Hutch's Bed & Breakfast lodge) that wasn't closed for the year or booked as we make our way to Homer. We haven't been to Homer yet, but it's about a 5 hour drive and by the time I get off work at 3 pm (I'll go in at 7 am and work through lunch ~which I always do any way) it would be late by the time we got there. But we also want to enjoy the beauty of an area we haven't travelled before. Brother Nowling suggested that we get the hotel in Soldotna/Kenai area. So we'll be staying in Cooper Landing. We've been in this area before and it's beautiful. The B&B looks nice from what we can tell and serves a "full" continental breakfast. We'll then get up in the morning and enjoy the drive to Homer. We'll just bumm around town. Hopefully I'll remember to take my camera since I don't have the photographer of the family with me, and we'll enjoy the beauty of another part of Alaska, stop in at the souvenior shops, and eat at one of the finer restraunts (which I don't know what that is yet), but most importantly, I'll spend time with my best friend on earth and the love of my life for 27+ years. AND Micah is helping me surprise him with a specail gift.

We'll be coming back Saturday night as to be in church Sunday. I really look forward to Church. This Sunday will be extra special as we'll have some special people there.

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Happy Anniversary, a few days early...because you know that I will forget it by Friday! ~grin~ Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. Have a great time and please do get pictures and share them!

J Nowling said...

Thanks Sister Tammi. Thanks for the reminder of the pictures...I'll go charge my batteries now ~grin. We're really looking forward to seeing you folks. Have a safe and "uneventful" flight.

Vicki Smith said...

Happy Anniversary! I'll be out of town and probably without Internet access for the next couple of weeks so I have to send my wish early.
If the restaurant at the end of the spit in Homer is open, it's a nice place to eat. And the bald eagles will probably be VERY abundant this time of year! Be SURE to take pictures of them! We have a favorite restaurant in Soldotna, too, but I can't remember the name of it. I know it'll be on the left hand side of the road and I think maybe there's some white gingerbread trim on either a blue or green building. Or is it yellow? Anyway, they have good food at a reasonable price and they have LOTS of homemade pies. I had strawberry rhubarb last time I was there.

Tammy Washburn said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!