Monday, February 23, 2009

We're Back

It was great trip, but way too short. Our flight left out at 1:30 am Friday morning. I laid down about 10 pm to try to get a power nap. Brother Nowling got me up at 11:30 pm. We got to the airport and Jessa got us exit row seats (lots of leg room) and we had the whole row to ourselves. We flew to Seattle and we were suppose to have about 40 minute layover. We were taking the same plane but because there was a crew change we had to get off. Which actually felt good after 3 hours. We get back on and wound up sitting there for an hour as they were waiting to de-ice the plane. But all and all it was good. I dozed off and on but by the time we arrive at my mother-in-law's we were both hungry and exhausted. We went to Culvers and then came back and her neighbor was wanting to discuss the Bible but I was sooooo tired that (shame on me) I was hoping she wouldn't answer her phone. But she did, and Lord forgive me because He helped us and we had a great study sharing with her that Christian's don't sin (my poor mother-in-law has her hands full following up with what we laid out). We then headed out to the Thompsons in what was almost a blizzard. We had rented a KIA and can you believe it, no snow tires. It took almost 2 hours to get there. We pulled up and we saw a house full of kids. It was Montanna's birthday party and I don't know how many were there but there was a lot of loud, happy screaming girls along with Shane and Ethan. Dorn and Mitzi are amazing parents. They love children and are right in there with them with games, etc. Brother Nowling had been up for over 24 hours (he didn't sleep on the plane at all) so he went to bed and slept right through all the noise. Sister Mitzi was prepared to quiet the girls down as soon as I was ready to go to bed, but hey this was Montanna's party and I know they wanted to stay up and I just got there and I wanted to visit so it wasn't until a little after midnight that I headed to bed and true to her word she got the girls quieted down.

We got up about 8:30 am Saturday and Mitzi fixed us pancakes and sausage and then Brother Nowling and I went to find Christopher Banks. Using my gps on my phone we couldn't find it and the lady at Caribou said she thought they closed. Mitzi had said there was a bigger CB in Maple Wood so I put that in the gps and it took us to CORPORATE headquarter of CB but my dear husband was persistent and he found Chrtistopher Banks and CJ Banks. I got Joleesa several skirts for $5 each, Jessa a jean skirt for $5, myself a jean skirt and another skirt ($5 each) and then a blouse for too much. But I made up for it with the sales. I was disappointed as I walked away without any of their gorgeous sweaters as they were pretty well picked over. But I still got some awesome deals.

Then we headed to see my dad (my brother Kelly was suppose to meet us, but things didn't work out) so we got there and found him in a friends room. Please pray for him. He has a room mate that is really bad shape and really unreasonably grumpy and he and his family are making life miserable for dad. The nursing home actually brought in a mediator to figure out how to deal with it. Bottom line his roommates family and the nursing home are trying to get dad to move out of the room and dad doesn't want to. He's been in that room for 2 1/2 years. Mom passed away in that room. This man has only been in the room for about 4 months. It's like telling someone they have to move from the home that he shared with his wife to her last days. It's just not right. They were suppose to make a decision today, so I'll have to find out what happened. Anyway, we visited in the lobby for a couple hours then took him out to Perkins and met my niece and her boyfriend there. It was a great time with him. We took him back and as we were standing outside his room in the hall saying goodbye his roommate was yelling at us to shut up and be quiet. It was an ugly scene and my heart broke for dad. Dad headed back to his friend's room.

We then headed to the Thompsons. They actually got Brother Nowling to play a dice game called Farkel. Simple game, but Brother Dorn had us laughing so hard I was crying. We had so much fun. Oh by the way I won.

Sunday morning we really enjoyed the SS class and then Brother Nowling preached. Sister Mitzi prepared an awesome ham dinner and while some napped I taught Mitzi, Autumn, Landon, and Bekah (Landon's girlfriend). Autumn won.

Sunday night I preached. Both services the worship was great. After I preached the Lord really came down and blessed. There was such a sweet and powerful spirit. We really love these people.

Monday morning we got up early as we decided to surprise dad at his breakfast. Then we met my mother-in-law for breakfast and then headed to the airport. This time the flights were full but still all in all it too was a good flight. But it was just too short.

Now to go forward to another week.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

That's awful about your dad's roommate. How sad.
Yippee, you found a game you can win!!! WA HOO!!! ;-)
Glad you had a good weekend. Believe me, I can identify with the not-enough-sleep/flying issues. But I guess we'll all survive it.

cokelady said...

Over all it sounds like a great trip--I'm so glad you were able to make it "home." :-)

It is so very sad about your Dad's roommate. I'll pray that God will send some relief to the situation!

I am sooooooooo jealous of your C&B deals! All those $5 skirts?! No way!!! I've always been so happy when I've found them for $9. Now I feel gyped! Ha!