Friday, February 27, 2009

Home Sick from Work

Though I have been sick this past year, this I the first in over 6 months that I have been "down" sick. I feel like I have been ran over by a truck. My head, my throat, my chest, my ears and when I cough it feels like it's ripping my throat and my chest a part.

I made it through work yesterday. I had hoped to go home as soon as my interview for the management position was done. The ad director was going to try to fit me into his schedule sooner then 3 pm but he couldn't and actually I got pretty frustrated because he had a couple of different people in his office at 3 pm so I didn't get in until 3:30 or so. How dare he :o) any other time I wouldn't have minded but I really wanted to get home. Any way the interview seemingly went well. He says he has 3 other internal candidates. I know who one of them is and though it's in the Lord's hands I'll really be disappointed if she gets over me. She's young and doesn't have much experience, but even beyond that she's rude. She sits in our meetings texting the whole time. That absolutely drives me crazy as I truly believe it's rude and disresptful. But I don't know who the other two would be and no one else seems to know either.

Tomorrow I'm suppose to work the Fur Rondy for Mr Wong. If I feel like I do today, there's no way I'll be able to do it, but it too is in the Lord's hands. Down inside I think I know the decision I'm suppose to make. I've been trying to listen for God's whisper that Sister Smith reminded me of and I think it came in a way of an email for Mr. Wong's secretary. I said I wouldn't make a decision until after this weekend so that is what I'm doing.

I covet your prayers still regarding that decision as well as for my body. I'm headed back to bed now. Sleep is what my body wants, but it's also what my body is making it hard for me to get...go figure.

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Praying, praying, praying.

Jessa Stephens said...

How id the Furondy go??? I was praying for you!

J Nowling said...

It was really busy. The fresh air actually felt good.