Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Day of Rest

We woke up this morning to to a true winter wonderland with big flakes coming down. Brother and Sister Byers have been saying all weekend that it hasn't been as cold as they thought it would be but now they've got a taste of the snow. I fixed Moose/Beef stew and biscuits and the Byers, Sister Connie Peter, Micah, Megan, Nathan, Isaiah, Ernie and the girls came to eat with us. I sent Brother Byers and Brother Nowling out for pie as several said they were wanting some. With stomachs full, the young people a very spirited came of "I Buy" where Joleesa won (which is VERY rare) and Megan lost. While Brother Nowling, Brother Byers, Sister Connie and Ernie all fell asleep.
To get a true picture of our "day of rest" I'll leave nothing to your imagination. Enjoy ~smile.




















3 comments:

cokelady said...

HA! I LOVE the pictures of the dudes sleeping--especially the Byers' pictures! They are SO CUTE!!! And I'm sure he'll really appreciate knowing that those pictures have been pasted on the Internet for all the world to see. ;-)

I hope you had a wonderful Convention and the Lord gives you a powerful Revival!

J Nowling said...

LOL. I showed him the pictures and told him (notice I didn't ask) that I was going to post them on my blog. THEN I even showed him after I got them on. He told them from behind the pulpit that I did something "sneaky". It was great, but I did feel bad because he never went back to sleep because he was afraid I'd take another picture...gotta love them.

Vicki Smith said...

I didn't read your post in time to pray BEFORE your Convention and for all the stuff you had to do! SORRY!
The pictures are great! HA! I'm sure Brother and Sister Byers never imagined being in Alaska one day. *tee hee* I'm so happy for them, and I'm so happy for you guys, too, because they're great people. I love them so much! --How long will the revival last?
I'm praying for your job situation. God can give you peace of heart, mind and soul in the midst of a not-so-peaceful environment. Grant it, Lord Jesus.