Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The door of happiness....

Not a whole lot going on here. Saturday we went to our new Target only to be disappointed due to bare shelves and lack of selection. Then we had our youth activity at the church with Jackie in charge. It was great. I think everyone enjoyed the new games that she taught us and then I had got Uno Attack. Between the games and the variety of food, it was a good night. Get this here we have a youth event where everyone is to bring their favorite treat to share AND we had NO SWEETS ~ giggle. Quite the mature group of young people we have.

Sunday was my youth service...after some charades of people who tried to hide from God; I brought out the "goalie" masks that I bought for each youth (they were called goalie masks but they looked like the mask worn by phantom of the opera). I wanted to find the plastic snow white, Cinderella, spider man, superman, Garfield, etc...but do such masks even exist any more? They were all rubber, scary masks...but I felt the goalie mask wasn't too bad (although the groans from some was obvious they didn't agree ~ grin). Any way, my point was we can't hide from God and how we need to take our masks off and be true to ourselves and therefore to God. I wasn't dealing with sin, but just being real. Recognizing where we are weak, searching ourselves to see where we're lacking and ask God to show us "us". Get out of our comfort zones and allow God to use us how He sees fit.

Then off to work today, for an announcement of even another change. My former boss's boss, who is now my boss, announced he accepted a position at a Honolulu paper and will be leaving in three weeks. UGH! He is a great guy that carries a lot of responsibility. There were several groans, jaws on the floor, and even some tears. He said it was the most difficult decision he's ever had to make as he didn't go to them they came to him. I don't know if we can operate with any smaller of a staff. Wow. What next.

I came across a saying the other day that I put in our bulletin...
When the door of happiness closes, another opens, but often times we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one which has been opened for us.
I have been thinking for several days on this. It is so true.

Thank you for those that have been praying for Brother Nowling and myself. Please continue as we are still dealing with things that we really need God's help in.

5 comments:

Jessa Stephens said...

I love that saying!!! I'll have to remember it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Netty said...

Thanks Sister Jada! Now Bro. Sutton has been saying that saying 24/7! :P

J Nowling said...

LOL. Sister Net when I first read it I read it over and over, and I couldn't help but wonder how many doors I missed going through as I was staring at the closed one.

Netty said...

I've been spending alot of time staring.Time to let go of some things and just live the life God has given me to live.:0)

J Nowling said...

Sister Net sometimes that's not very easy to do...but when you do, oh the peace and happiness we receive.