Thursday, October 16, 2008

Revival's End!

Well tonight was the last night of revival. The Byers are very precious people. That man preaches the Word straight. I know it hit home to many. Last night he preached on Power, tonight he preached on...salvation, hell...and if you're not saved that's where you're going. To say it was straight forward is nothing but truth, but unfortunately the Spirit didn't break loose. We had a couple of visitors and they heard the Truth and all have had some meat to chew on throughout the week. I pray that as people dwell on what was preached that lives will start to change. Sunday night was the best for me. I'm still rehashing so much of it in my mind and reminding myself and asking God to remind me to love. There are those that I have been afraid to "show" love to and really put myself out to because I have been hurt. I told Brother Nowling, I don't want to purposely walk into the Lion's den and he reminded me, that God was there in the lion's den because Daniel was obedient to Him. So Sunday night's message is still doing it's work in me.

Tonight, I am so physically exhausted I even turned down fellowship afterwards. I feel myself coming down with a cold as my chest, throat and head really hurt. It never fails that the enemy always tries to rob me of the blessings of good services by getting me down sick afterwards. I know it's because I push myself between job, home and church...but I truly feel it's just one more way the enemy waits outside the revival ready to bring us down. Well my spirit has been blessed and I truly thank the Lord.

I'm headed to bed now. Tomorrow I go to get the eye exam that I messed up by being late to on Saturday. Then off to work...tomorrow night I will have a home cooked meal (of what I'm not sure yet, but I haven't ate much this week and what I did was eating out and I'm tired of it) and just relaxing.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Praise God for the revival and for the messages that leave a LASTING impression and provoke a change in our hearts and lives. Those are the ones that count!
Get some rest and trust God to sustain You. He never fails!

Momma Tammi said...

I would rather love and risk being hurt than not risk it at all and never know the true joy in doing so. All the hurts that I have experienced in the past have been so worth what I've gained.

I hope that you are feeling better. We begin Minister's Convention tonight. If you get this, please pray for my husband, he worked all night and hasn't had much sleep, the GPS kept waking him and he is preaching tonight.