Monday, October 13, 2008

Revival!

Convention was good. Brother Byers preached falling my ABM boost on Friday on "love" and then Saturday night he preached on . Last night was the first night of revival (Sister Vicki, revival will go through Wednesday). Last he preached on "stepping in the light of love" basically. He had Brother Nowling up there with him almost the entire time. It was almost like tag team preaching as he would say something, Brother Nowling would respond and he would finish the statement. It was 1 1/2 hours of this. I was so tired, but the annointing was so strong that he never lost me for even a second (even though my lower back and hips were crying out from sitting). He minced no word regarding, love, forgiving, etc. It was powerful.

They both are such mellow people. They do NOT like cold though ~ giggle. I was feeling bad that we didn't take them anywhere, as initally we we're going to just drive to shipcreek. But the weather, though pretty, was nasty. They said that's ok it's warm in here and cooold out there ~ grin. I tried to get him to recline in the chair and he said he had his wife for a pillow, thus the picture below.

Pray for the next tonight. This gets really tough for me as I don't get off work until 5:30 and basically I head right to the church. But I am sooo excited for what God's going to do. The Holy Ghost worked on about 1/2 the congregation now for the other 1/2 ~smile.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Praise God for those who are allowing the Spirit to work and move them. Let the Lord worry about the rest. There's nothing you can do anyhow and it delights the devil to get our minds off of the GOOD things the Lord is doing. Just keep your eyes looking UP and you won't be deterred by anything that may or may not be going on around you. (And I'll try to take my own advice and do the same!)

J Nowling said...

Sister Smith thanks for the reminder. Though my heart wants everyone to receive what God has for them, I need this revival too and I AM NOT going to be robbed of a blessing. Please pray as my flesh is sooo tired...I'm fighting that more than the mind these days.