Friday, October 10, 2008

Minister's Convention & Revival

Tonight starts minister's convention that will go through Sunday morning and then we go into Revival starting the Sunday evening service. Brother Byers is our guest and we're so looking forward to what the Lord has for us.

It's been another stressful week at work and then trying to get ready for this weekend.

First work...the changes continue and this time it hits me. My boss who has been with the newspaper for 31 years has been basically de-moted. He will no longer be a manager (therefore he won't be my boss any more) but will go back to being a sales rep. In so doing he will be taking the national accounts that I handle. These are the largest dollar accounts that I enjoy the most working with. They are also the ones that make the biggest difference in my commissions....BUT at least we both have a job. The morale at the office is the worst of any place I've ever worked. I need God's help that I keep the right spirit. It's been tough, but I'm trying.

Then for convention. I just found out Sunday night that I will be the state ABM coordinator. Along with that I am to boost VLB's as the Rusty Cabelas (?) who is to be the new leader has a wedding and won't be there until Sunday. Then I was asked to teach the adult SS class. That along with the state books, the camp and retreat reports and boost. You know I want to work for the Lord, and I enjoy it all, but I usually like to have more than 4 days notice. Along with that we needed to get out sandwich boards done for outside the building, and the Mission wall letters laminated for Jessa to put up, and fliers done for revival. Well at this moment I have everything but the revival fliers done. Jackie helped with the sandwich board (we did only get one side of one board done), Jenna made the letters and I cut them out, laminated them and cut them out again, and then I got the other stuff done. I'm excited about what the Lord gave me for the ABM boost and even VLB, and SS (although I teach usually teach the youth SS so I was kind of prepared for that already-but I love teaching SS). I did finally say no to something. The Nowling sisters are on to sing tonight. Brother Grant said it could be all of us, one of us, two or three what ever "sisters" wanted to sing. We were all going to sing but it's really hard getting us all together to practice....so I made the "mother" decision and seeing as Joleesa and Jessa both have today off, they'll be able to practice this afternoon.

Tomorrow I have an eye exam, after our leadership meeting. Then the Byers will be spending the afternoon with us (so I'll have to be up early in the morning to clean).

Though life has been busy I am sooooo looking forward to REVIVAL

Pray for us.

2 comments:

Jessa Stephens said...

I wwish I wasn't stuck here at work...it would be nice to spend some time with them.....they seem sweet.

Jessa Stephens said...

OH! Pray that I get LOA @ 630p there is a good chance. It would be nice to not have to come in late.