Friday, March 13, 2009

23 years ago


23 years ago on Thursday, March 13th, having taught Bible Study that night in Janesville, WI I sat down on the pew turning the service over to Pastor Nowling. I was feeling pretty exhausted. We had a couple of songs and I was really hurting, but I thought it was just from being on my feet but then I started timing the pains and when Pastor Nowling said "do we have any testimonies" I shook my head at my husband, Pastor Nowling, "I don't think so. It's time." He had picked some of the older ladies for church, so he had to get someone to take one of them home, while he took the other lady home. I went downstairs with one of the ladies to get my suitcase together. Then the sister took Jessa with her and I sat there waiting for my husband to come and get me (he didn't have far to go to take the member home, and the hospital was just a few blocks down the road). The surgical staff states that they really would rather be sleeping at 11 pm night...as if I had a lot of control over this, right. Then at 11:45 pm a cute blond headed, 6 lb 14 oz baby girl was born. God graced us with Jenna Rae another piece of joy added to our life.

That cute little girl, is now a beautiful, Godly 23 year old that we are very proud of. Jenna we love you and may this year be a year of many dreams coming true and drawing closer to God then you ever have been.

Love you and Happy Birthday from Dad & Mom

0 comments: