Thursday, March 05, 2009

Updates

I still feel rotten. I actually felt better Tuesday (not great but better). Yesterday afternoon I started feeling rough again and today I feel absolutely rotten. I can't miss work because we will be very short staff starting tomorrow. Speaking of work, I did not get the manager's position. A young man that's only been there 5 months got it. He has ran his own business and has a real estate license. I left in the Lord's hands so I'm ok. Can't honestly say I'm not disappointed but at least the two other people that applied didn't get it. I would've been troubled if either one of them got it. The one is arrogant and rude, the other one is a great guy but just too inexperienced and a immature. The Lord knows best. I'm still at peace about not taking the other job.

Thank you for your prayers for my dad situation. His roommate got moved across the hall. He now has a silent roommate. They are storing a lift in his room ~ hee hee. He loves telling people that. There's apparently a guy that moved in that is as mobile like my dad that dad is trying to convince to move in with him. The guy is wanting a private room. I guess the mediator had the nursing home chaplain do a survey of how many of the residents and staff liked my dad and got a long with him. The results were 95% and I guess that was the deciding factor for the mediator. I told him we'd been praying. He seems so much happier now.

The volcano is being quiet, although we're still at a level orange and Elemendorf air force moved their planes out of state. The thing is it can change rapidly.

Tonight the whole family went out for Italian for Jessa's birthday. It was the best family get together we've had in a long time. Everybody seem to enjoy themselves, including me even though I wasn't physically feeling the best.

This Saturday is our finance class for the youth put on by the Credit Union. It was postponed by the financial advisor last month because he was sick. I hope we have a good turn out. It's been a long time since we've had all our youth out to something. This will be so good for all of us. Pray for our local church. We desperately need revival. We need a minister to come, but some only want to come in the summer, some want to come but their work (or lack of work), or school or other responsibilities are complicating it. We can give standby passes to those that are in areas where Alaska Airlines fly, other wise it's real expensive to try to bring someone in. If any of you lurkers out there that are ministers hear a still small voice calling to hold revival, please listen and be obedient and give Brother Nowling a call (you'll find his phone # in the assembly minutes). I'm really serious.

We've been planning Jessa's wedding. It looks like some of the things are starting to come together for her. We wish we had more church homes for the people to be able to stay in as hotels are quite expensive here. But we know God will work it all out. Some will be coming for camp prior which is awesome. I'm really praying Brother Harvey Anders will come. I have the perfect class that I want him to teach/preach. I'm also hoping Amy Anders will come (though I don't know her personally, I've heard a lot good about her) and I would love for her to be our worship leader. Amy if you're reading this, please pray about it and talk to your dad as well ~ smile. Have I told everybody Sister Sharon Griffen (Tim and Victoria too) will be our evangelist. Brother Tim and her will be teaching classes on relationships. How God intended for a man to treat a woman and vise versa. This is something her and I have spoken about on several occasions so I'm really excited.

A month from Saturday I leave for England. I'm sooooo excited.

Let's see what else. Oh, the Iditarod is this weekend. I was really hoping to go as it is so cool to watch. But if I'm feeling as rotten as I am now, I won't be going.

I've been trying to change my blog for several days now to a new "cute as a block" background and it looks like everything is changed under the editing but when I go to view, nothings changed. Ugh.

Well, I think that's about all for now. I hope I can sleep tonight. Sister Smith I'm really coughing a lot so I'm going to try the vicks on the feet with socks. I'll let you know how it goes.

6 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Vicks on the feet before you go to bed, and gargle salt water a few times through the day. The salt has healing properties that fight bacteria and germs. I have a whole set of lessons on the properties of salt. I dug them out and used them as my devotions in Venezuela. When Christ said we are to be "salt" to the earth He was saying we are to bring HEALING and DISINFECTANT to the earth. ;-) We serve as a PRESERVATIVE to truth and godliness. We provide the necessary minerals to insure HEALTH to our society, etc. Anyway, I digress. Salt is a natural disinfectant and can bring healing to the body without any nasty side effects.
I know you want to go to the Iditarod--I know I would! But be WISE and stay home and watch it on the local TV station while bundled up by the furnace, sipping some hot cider or tea.
As for the blog template, I've had the same problem. What I've had to do is first make sure in blogger that my template is set to "minima" then go to the layout section and delete everything that says "html/java script." Your existing template is hiding in there somewhere. Your new one won't show up until you've done away with the old one. (That's my technical explanation of the issue.) Where's Jenna when you need her??? ;-)

J Nowling said...

I slept sound most the night and then it wasn't coughing that woke me up, it was dry mouth and a splitting headache. I'm convinced with the Vicks. I've been using a salt solution in my nose I didn't think about gargling with it.

I without a doubt will be wise regarding the Iditarod. Which probably means sleeping instead. That's what my body wants to do todady.

I'll try that with my blog...Jenna can be sitting in the same room with me (although she hasn't this week) and I can say as you "where's Jenna when we need her" ~ smile. Love ya Sister Smith.

Tammy Washburn said...

Do you change your blog template under Layout in a "gadget box" or under "edit HTML" ?

"Cutest blogs on the block" require being put in a gadget box where it overlays your original blogger template.

If you delete the gadget box, it will go back to your original blogger template.

The Middle J said...

Jenna to the rescue :-)

Jessa Stephens said...

okay I need to find out what Jenna did...........somehow the old one needed to be deleated...........

Last night was very nice!! I had a great time! I'm sooooo glad it worked out with everyones schedules.....we needed that....!!!I needed that.....

Vicki Smith said...

Thank you, Jenna, for saving the day once again. ;-)
Hope you're feeling better, Sister Jada.