Monday, March 23, 2009

Where Did the weekend go

As Jenna posted Brother Nowling, Jenna and I have been enjoying her JAG dvd's. It's rare that there's a movie or tv show that Brother Nowling and I both like but we've found it. Friday and Saturday nights we stayed up until midnight, cuddling on the love seat, with Jenna on the couch across the room watching the shows. Friday night before we started watching JAG we all three worked together to do a quick cleaning of the house. Saturday morning we got up and put laundry in and then got Joleesa up and the two girls and us went to Qwennies for breakfast then went to get to get Joleesa's IM done on her car as well as her tags and registration. From there I met up with Jessa to do some wedding shopping. When we came out of our third stop her car wouldn't start, so while we were waiting for Brother Nowling to come we went in to a pizza place for me to get something to drink and Jessa to eat something. When Brother Nowling got there her car popped right off. She continued to have problems off and on until on her way to work this afternoon it stalled out at an intersection and we had to have it towed. Please pray it doesn't cost too much. We think it's the fuel pump. Anyway, as the day wore on I started feeling really nauseated. I'm feeling a lot better but my sinuses are continuing to drain, so I think that and the strong air freshener in Joleesa's car got the best of me. I was working on the computer when all of a sudden I was an overwhelming sense of exhaustion hit me. So I laid down on the couch and slept for about an hour. We had our youth activity so Brother Nowling and I got and we stopped at the gas station for me to get some seven up. We headed on over to be the youth. Then as I said we came home and had JAG fill.

I had been really praying for our Sunday services. We've been having great SS classes and services. I really wanted the Spirit to break loose and I was praying that I wouldn't allow anything or anyone hinder me from allowing Him to have His way. As I was leading the worship I felt His presence so strong and I worshipped, but though everyone was singing. I really felt quite alone in the worship, but I ptl it felt good. Brother Nowling preached on snares and traps and how we can allow ourselves (our words in particular) become a snare and actually be used of the devil instead of the Lord. It was strong, straight forward and very much needed.

Then tonight was Jenna's CPMA service and she based it on "see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil" but she turned it to "see no God, hear no God, and speak no God". It too was really good. Then we went to prayer and then to worship and it was the kind of worship that no one wanted to end. So the Lord was truly in our Sunday.

Oh and just a side note...I've been real active on facebook but I am so grateful I'm there. I've recently been found by some people in my past. Most recently two ladies (twin Korean girls) that I went to TC with and they were bridesmaids in my wedding and I was in one of there's. Over time we lost track of each other. Well Susan Song found me on facebook and I am so thrilled to reconnect with her. Her and Mary both are living in Anaheim CA and Alaska Airlines flies to Anaheim so Brother Nowling and I are hoping that some time we can go visit them. Mean while I am enjoying catching up on all the changes that 23 years (yes that's about how long it's been if not even longer)brings about.

So now we go into another week. My prayer is use me to bring encouragement in the discouraging atmosphere that hangs over my work these day.

0 comments: