Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Feeling A Little Better Each Day

It has been a rough couple of weeks. I go from my sinuses hurting so bad, to my ear hurting to my throat hurting, to my chest hurting, to counghing so deep it rips me a part, to a cough so loose that I think I'm also done to today. This horrible smell, a nautious stomach AND this stupid loose cough. Sinuses are still draining but not the horrible pain that I have been having.

Friday night I went to bed at 9 or 10 pm and slept until 11 am on Saturday. I think that is an absolute first to sleep like that. I got up and did the church books and then did our taxes (yeah lots of fun when I really wanted to be watching the Iditarod on a day when the sky was blue and the sun was shining). Anyway, I have done our taxes with TaxCut proably for 15+ years. I did our taxes and almost freaked out as it had us owing almost $3000. I was crying trying to figure out what I could've done wrong and/or how were we going to pay. Finally I was so frustrated I was closed out of the program. Well whenever you close out, it asks if you want to receive updates through the internet (ie updates on tax laws that went into effect after the program was developed). In the past it never made a difference but this time, uh yeah, we went from owing almost $3000 to owing just a little over $400 and since Brother Nowling and I remembered we forgot to claim the medical expenses for his dental work, it may be even less. Amazing that things changed that much.

I then crawled back into bed about 4 pm feeling very chilled. We had our finance class Saturday night so I knew I couldn't sleep long, but it felt good. I was up at 6 pm and though we had small turn out it I think it was helpful for those who did come out.

Sunday morning, I was still pretty rough, but I taught Sunday School but had Jessa led song service (I still sung and had my coughing fits because there's no way I could stand there and not sing). We had a good service with our handful of people. I'm not the only one that's been sick. Jackie and I guess Heather have been sick as well.

Sunday night I did a youth service. God had placed a topic of "walls" on my heart for a week or so. The walls we build up that shouldn't be there and building, re-building, or fixing the walls that God wants us to have there. I used Jericho in bringing down the walls through obedience and Nehemiah in rebuilding the walls and starting at home in the building program. I'm not sure what anyone else got out of it, but it spoke heavily to me.

Then I had work this week where I had to cover my co-workers desk and all management would be gone, so I was dreading it...fortunately it's not been bad.

So that's my weekend and week so far.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Hope you're feeling even better today. Soon you'll be completely HEALED and back to doing cartwheels and somersaults. Right? :-D

J Nowling said...

LOL, that would be quite the miracle. I'll be satisfied to be able to laugh with coughing. But every night God has been good to give solid nights of sleep no matter how rough I've felt during the day. I really thank Him for that.