Saturday, March 28, 2009

Anybody Have A Big Cork?

You know we've been involved in tornadoes, floods, blizzards, even around hurricane areas (did I miss any) and we know the drill. Well the drill for this volcano is getting old. Air is the main way of travel for Alaskans and it's expensive. We need Mt Redoubt to, as Jessa put it on her blog, put a cork in it. She said by June because of her wedding but I need it to by April 8th. That's just 10 days!!!! As I head out to England. And then be sure it's still corked the weekend of the 19th when I come back. There's a lot invested in this mission trip. I'm trusting the Lord, or I'm trying to any way. Brother Nowling has told me so many times "you're going".

You know there are so many people that have had their plans interrupted by Mt Redoubt (I just even don't like her name ~ do they call volcanoes hers or hims like they do hurricanes?) and the hard part about natural disasters you don't know even how to re-plan. Only God does.

They were saying on the news the last time Redoubt erupted (which was several decades ago) she blew 20 times in a 5-6 month period. She's erupted 12 times (I think that's where the count is) in a 6 day period. Maybe this means she's let off her steam and will settle down sooner. With each eruption I can help but think about how the Bible says that hell has enlarged herself and when I do, I get this gut wrenching feeling. So sad.

Any way that's my ranting and raving on it. Let me end with I am soooooo grateful that God has protected us. That we didn't leave for somewhere and get stranded. Though we don't understand the timing of her spewing, with convention having been scheduled; just like the Colorado regions timing of a blizzard with their district convention scheduled. God allowed us to have fair warning and gave us wisdom so that no one would be hurt. Thank you Lord.

0 comments: