Monday, October 02, 2006

Busy Weekend

It's been a busy weekend. It started with me going into work for 4 hours on Saturday to get the pile of filing done, which I did and does that feel good. Brother Nowling went fishing on the Kenai River with Micah and Matthew. It was 2 1/2 hour drive and they fished for about 2 hours and caught two fish, a pink salmon and a silver salmon, only to throw them back in because they were sickly (by the way it was Brother Nowling that caught them, the boys didn't get anything). He really had a good time.

I then went grocery shopping,came back and cleaned house with the girls for the youth activity. I really wonder why we bothered, by the time we got all those bodies in no one could see anything any ways, and it obviosly didn't look as good when they left :0P Jenna told you about the pizza and the games. It also was an organization meeting. We planned a fund raiser, our next couple of activities and talked about finding a way to volunteer in the committee. There were 10 young people and Brother Nowling and myself.

Sunday then we broke out a youth SS class which I taught and it was great to see everyone get involved. They have a tendency to keep silent when the JOY group is present. Of course I don't always wait for them to volunteer *grin* although they did a lot of that. There was a great Presence in service too. I believe we had 23 in service. We had only 3 empty seats and were missing 4 people.

As Jenna said the Cabeles' joined us for dinner. I enjoyed having them because it was the first I'd really met them. They're a precious young couple.

Then Josh, Micah and Joleesa and I went to look at cars at this weekend sale Brother Nowling waited for someone to come look at the trailer. This guy was so close to buying it. He said he had the cash in his pocket as he was moving on th 5th but he went and looked at another trailer and decided to buy it. Please pray we sale it. I need a car and we really can't get me one until the trailer sales. I found an Outback that I really liked. This one had 123,000 miles on it and cost way to much, but at least I know what kind of vehicle I WANT.

Last night was another good service. I PTL for the Spirit that has been in every service. I'm really praying for a great altar service, speaking of which it would be great to have an actual altar...I think that's something we'll work on next weekend.

2 comments:

Hershey Bar said...

You have a wonderful family, thanks for the meal...we loved it...even the frog drink!

Vicki Smith said...

Praise God for your good group there in Anchorage! Relish your time with the young people. They get married and scatter before you know what's happened. *sigh*