Monday, October 16, 2006

Good Convention

We had a good convention. It was great seeing the Bethel folks. Unfortunately this time, we didn't get to spend time with Suttons. They had the great challenge of trying to get all their winter supplies in just the few hours between services. We'll be looking forward to spending time with them in Bethel in March for the youth convention.

As you saw from Jenna's blog Isaiah was here and it was great having him around.

I had to boost youth camp and I only had a few minutes so I had several things going on at the same time...Brother Nowling was shooting marshmellows through Brother Jimmy William's marshmallow gun invention, dancing pigs were going on the floor as I was making announcements. I am really excited about camp. There was $300 deficit in the camp fund and by the end of the boost we had only $90 left.











Then I boosted ladies retreat. How could I not be excited about ladies retreat, Sister Connie Wilson is going to be our evangelist. The men outnumbered the women and I told the ladies this is the time for us to balance this out and get more women...the guys were liking that idea too~shaking head~ By the way Brother Nowling made it known how much he was enjoying having some manly support around him for a change.

Then last night we had our youth service. I really felt the burning of the Spirit within me. We "pretended" to be different things and then I preached on "whited sepulchres" and Achan. The Lord really moved. We had a great altar service and following that I paired the young people with an older person to pray and Holy Ghost was powerfully in that place. I pray the young people had a real life changing time with the Lord.

I then had to work today and I was exhausted. I got there turned on my computer and just got a white screen. My computer some how crashed over the weekend. Go figure, it was fine on Friday and no one used it during the weekend. After about three hours they were able to retrieve my archived items and files...but I'm behind again.

God is still good though.

5 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

So glad that you enjoyed the presence of God throughout the convention. However, I really need to see audio/video of that camp boost...you've got my attention. ~hee hee~

The Middle J said...

I didn't take any video of the boost but of coarse I have pictures and though they dont do it justice you'll get an idea lol

Momma Tammi said...

Cool! Can hardly wait to see them. ~giggle~

Momma Tammi said...

So...what exactly is Brother Nowling doing in those pictures? I love the pigs...I honestly thought that you had some of the young people dressed as pigs or something when I first read the post. ~giggle~

The Middle J said...

He was shooting marshmellows at us while the pigs were oinking and flipping around and mom was giving her camp boost. The goal was to catch marshmellows and whoever caught green ones (representing new growth) got chocolate candy.